ADVERTISEMENT

Football Three Beavers invited to NFL Combine

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Three former Oregon State football stars will take important strides towards their goal of playing in the National Football League next week. Victor Bolden Jr., Treston Decoud and Sean Harlow will essentially spend the week interviewing for a job with all 32 NFL teams at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Feb. 28-March 6.

Harlow will be the first to arrive in the Hoosier State on Tuesday, Feb. 28, in preparation for several days of poking and prodding by the league’s medical team, psychologists, scouts and other assorted personnel as all 32 teams seek to place each of the more than 300 prospects onto their draft boards ahead of the 2017 NFL Draft, April 27-29. Harlow’s Wednesday will include measurements, medical exams and interviews with scouts, while Thursday will consist of psychological testing, media availability, the bench press and more team interviews. Harlow will finally get to the football field on Friday for the on-field workouts that include timing, skill drills and other various stations to test his speed and strength.

“The combine invitation is a huge honor,” Harlow said, who finished his four-year career with a team-best 37 starts at offensive tackle. “I’m excited to go compete against some of the best players in college and to represent Oregon State to the best of my abilities.”

For Bolden Jr., his week will follow a similar path beginning a day later and will involve more skills drills when he goes through on-field workouts on Saturday, March 4. Bolden Jr. was arguably the Beavers’ best playmaker for the past three years leading the team in receptions each season. The constant big play threat returned three kickoffs for touchdowns and a punt return for paydirt during his career. As a receiver, he ended his collegiate career with 170 catches for 1,863 receiving yards - sixth and ninth in OSU history respectively.

“It means everything to get an opportunity to compete with the best players of this year’s draft,” Bolden Jr. said. “The Combine invitation gives me one more platform to prove to the NFL scouts that I have what it takes to play at the highest level.”

Decoud is the final former Beaver on the combine docket. His job interview begins Friday, March 3 and stretches through Monday, March 6 when he conducts his on-field workouts. Decoud, who transferred to Oregon State in 2015, started 21 games at cornerback in his two seasons in Corvallis. He led the team with five passes defended as a junior before tying for the team-lead last year with 10 breakups. He also recorded a pair of interceptions returning one for a touchdown.

“Being part of the combine is a big deal to me,” Decoud said. “I’ve watched the NFL Combine on TV since I was a kid telling myself that one day I will be there. Now it’s actually here and I’m about to have my opportunity. This is nothing but a blessing. I’ve worked hard for this and I’m ready to perform. This is an opportunity to showcase my skills. I feel under-rated, so I’m going to show up and prove to the world that I’m a top cornerback in this class.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News