ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan Beers Recruitment to Oklahoma

bild

BeaversEdge Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2023
The Olahoman has an article on Beers recruitment - it's paywalled so I'm going to post a few snippits.

How OU women's basketball landed Raegan Beers, All-American transfer from Oregon State

“It came down to the fact of knowing for the next two years where she wanted to be, and not just about winning and not just about maybe going to a Final Four,” Raegan’s father Ike told The Oklahoman.
Beers, who has WNBA aspirations and averaged 17.5 points and 10.6 rebounds in 2023-24 against star-studded Pac-12 competition, wouldn’t improve in the West Coast Conference, where the Beavers are now affiliate members.

Baranczyk hired Oregon State’s associate head coach Jonas Chatterton to serve in the same role. Baranczyk and Chatterton were on the same Colorado staff over a decade ago.

In Corvalis, Beers and Chatterton grew close and attended the same church. Beers also helped coach Chatterton’s kids’ basketball teams.

“I gotta tell you, if I'm being a little selfish, I was ecstatic when I heard that Jonas was coming,” Ike said. “He is an awesome individual. He's a great coach. Raegan’s extremely excited to have to have him coming there. For her personally, I think it's going to be a great lift. It's going to be something where she's got that known quantity, she knows how he coaches and she knows his expectations.”

While the hire and Beers’ commitment were separate acquisitions, Baranczyk is excited about the relationship the two have already built.

“I think it'll provide more comfortability from Reagan’s standpoint of being able to have some familiarity,” Baranczyk said. “Jonas has a really high standard and he has developed some WNBA talent, and so that's something that we're excited to have on our staff, just from an overall player development standpoint.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News