ADVERTISEMENT

Tackling and Blocking are a forgotten art at OSU

26Tornado85

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
Nov 25, 2008
Remember the days of the teams of the past ... where we had a whole team of vicious, lay the wood, knock you in the mouth type players (Terrance Carroll, Richard Siegler, Terrell? Robinson, Eric Williams, Jeremy Perry, Jared Cornell, Calvin Carlye... etc etc)? Those days seem long gone (at the moment at least) ... and as a program trying to move forward ... we appear to be in deep trouble. Honestly, Ive watched middle school teams with players that had more talent.. proportionately speaking of course... and whom play with more tenacity and hard-nosed character than many of individuals that play on this OSU squad at this time.

The offensive and defensive lines, in general are hard to watch. Its shameful many of them are playing D1 football on a full ride scholarship, especially when you watch them walking back to the line of scrimmage or standing there watching their quarterback scrambling for his life ... I can't believe what is easily witnessed each time I take the time to look at the replays slowed down. I hope JS can rectify this through recruiting in the next couple of years.

We cant take anymore big, tall, athletic, coachable SOFTIES who will not play with some internal pride, with a chip on their shoulder and nasty streak.
We cant take any defensive players who are not completely dominant in HS to the degree where they are MEN among boys and can impose their will physically and mentally against your typical HS player (This of course goes for both offensive and defense players).

All this said ... with knowing that this staff JS has assembled in just one year into the rebuild. But if recruiting away from players who are barely D1 level talent does not occur... this program will simply not go anywhere. IMHO ... Peace.

Reactions: wcbeav
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News