ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Portland linebacker Eli'Jah Winston talks Oregon State interest

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
qcfupxk9wwafjmqtwbwr

Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic outside linebacker Eli'Jah Winston has a number of top notch programs recruiting him and his brother plays for the Oregon Ducks.

Winston won't be an easy target for Oregon State to land, but Winston speaks highly of Oregon State. He's built a strong relationship with head coach Gary Andersen.

"I actually really like Oregon State," Winston said. "They are one of those schools that is always communicating with me, and they saw my potential first. They offered me first - when I was a sophomore heading into the summer.

"I really like Oregon State, and they're a pretty good school. I conversed with coach Andersen about heading to the spring game on March 18 for an unofficial visit to see how the new facilities are."

Winston is looking forward to visit Oregon State for the Beavers spring game. He has not visited since his brother, Lamar Winston, visited OSU during his recruitment.

The three-star outside linebacker is open to going to schools across the country, but he sees the advantage of staying close to home at a school like Oregon State.

"There are advantages to it - being close to my family and the location," he said. "I've been living in Oregon all of my life. I wouldn't need to adjust."

Winston is a 6-foot-3, 220-pound outside linebacker that is rated as the No. 7 recruit in the state of Oregon for the 2018 class.

He has six offers in total - coming from Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, and Utah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News