ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Search Note 11/24

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
A lot of people reach out to me with some "nuggets" they hear from their stepsisters twice removed aunt's old roommate, so I have to sniff out what I think is the BS and what I think is legit. The rumor I was told yesterday seemed pretty damn legit to me... Take it for what it's worth, but it sure makes sense.

I was passed along a note from someone with ties to the OSU football program that Oregon State and Beau Baldwin were very close to putting pen to paper around the time of the Arizona game, but apparently three sitting head coaches reached out to OSU with interest in the job. So Beau Baldwin does not seem to be the answer as I believe both parties have moved on. Seems that OSU could have had Baldwin if they wanted him, but they liked the head coaches that reached out... Seems very similar to what happened in 2014..

As far as who reached out, my guesses are guys like Bryan Harsin, Mike Bobo, Mike Sanford Jr, Bronco Mendenhall.. Maybe Jim McElwain.

So, it's looking like the hire will be out of left field... Someone we haven't been expecting. But I'm sure it's a pretty good coach if Barnes passed on Baldwin for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News