ADVERTISEMENT

Why The Pac 2 is Doomed

bild

BeaversEdge Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2023
This was WSU president Kirk Shultz's answer to Canzano in an interview:

Canzano: The Pac-12 has options: A) rebuild the conference to an NCAA minimum of eight teams; or B) root for chaos in the ecosystem and try to benefit from another round of realignment; or C) merge with another conference. How do you approach that intersection? Especially with one year to go in your tenure.

Schultz: As you can imagine, lots of egos get in the way. We’ve got to be really careful about how we message. I think when we came out of the gate a year ago, there was a little bit of, ‘Hey, we’re just going to go cherry-pick whatever schools we want and everybody’s going to come running.’ I think we found out that we were behaving in a way that people said, ‘Hey, what was just done to you two schools… now you’re talking about doing the same to everybody else and it’s OK?!?’ I think we took a step backward and said, ‘Hey, let’s talk about maybe partnerships instead of acquisition.’

Admirable attitude when dealing with honorable people. Suicide when swimmimg with sharks in the feeding frenzy of College Football Realignment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News