ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update on 2020 WR Commit Zeriah Beason

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
As you all know, the staff has been hitting the road hard and are doing a fantastic job making their rounds to firm up all of the 2020 commitments. Just about every day there has been a new commit posting about the coaches making the trip to see them.

Brenden and I have spoken with just about all of them if not all of them and are trying to share these updates in a timely manner without making it too repetitive, but I also hope you all enjoy seeing where all of the future Beavs' heads are at as we inch closer to signing day.

Next up is Zeriah Beason, who was actually one of the first players to be visited by the staff.

First and foremost, Zeriah confirmed with me that he will be enrolling in January. He and his family have decided that it will be best for him to get his feet wet for a semester rather than taking on the full load all at once.

Another note, Beason and Duncanville are headed to the state semifinals on Saturday. It has been a little tough to get in contact with him throughout the season because he is fully focused on winning state, which is a bigger deal in Texas than most places. They are currently 14-0 and will be facing off against Rockwall (12-2) on Saturday at 2:30 central.

Beason was the third commitment of this 2020 cycle and has left no doubts as to where he will end up after pen meets paper. Following his in-home visit, that has not changed.

Coach Smith, coach Hynson and coach Blue all visited Zeriah. Throughout around a two hour visit, the coaches and Beason's family got to relax, talk about the future and watch football.

When Beason saw the news of Isaiah Hodgins leaving, he says it opened up a new opportunity for him.

"I was hoping he would stay because then I could learn from him, but it opens up a new opportunity for me and I will do my part for the team."

If you all remember from his recruitment, a big thing for Beason was always opportunity, specifically in the form of catching passes. As I noted in another thread, Duncanville (Zeriah's high school) runs a pretty run-heavy offense, so coming to a school that airs it out a lot more was and still is something that excites him.

Zeriah has a goal to be a starter by August and says he is going to put in the work to make it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News