ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Tupuola-Fetui is excited about Oregon State

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
CyUhp3AVIAAvOBf.jpg

Pearl City (Hawaii) outside linebacker Zion Tupuola-Fetui received his first offer on February 18 from the Washington Huskies. Since then, his recruitment has rapidly picked up.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end/outside linebacker has added offers from Oregon State, Hawaii, Nevada, and Vanderbilt.

"It's kind of mindblowing," Tupuola-Fetui said about his recruitment. "Getting offers like this has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. For it to come to fruition, it's hard to get a grip on right now. I'm just very happy for the opportunities."

Tupuola-Fetui was offered by none other than ace Hawaii recruiter Oregon State outside linebackers and defensive line coach Chad Kauha'aha'a.

"Coach followed me on Twitter and messaged me," Tupuola-Fetui said. "He asked me to shoot him a call. When I got the chance to, I did, and I gave him all of my information.

The 2018 prospect, who is familiar with 2017 OSU signees Onesimus Lutu-Clarke and Kesi Ah-Hoy, got a strong impression from coach K.

"I think he's a very understanding coach from our conversation, because he told me how would be accommodating to my religion if I choose to go on a mission, they'd still have my scholarship for the two years I'd be missing," said Tupuola-Fetui. "He introduced me to who he is and what he does as a coach."

Tupuola-Fetuio admits that he doesn't know a great deal about Oregon State right now but said that he will do his research on the Beavers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News