ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Recruiting Chat - Recap

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
You can view the entire chat in a pop out window (best way to view it) by clicking here.

Here are the recruiting nuggets that I posted ins the chat.

1. Latest vibe on Cody Shear (aka the boulder nugget)

Here's the short version: I believe that he's going to end up a Beaver.

Here's the long version... There's no doubt that Cody Shear loves Arizona, their coaching staff, and the campus, but Arizona is on the decline and are going to be in full rebuild mode. Oregon State has been in rebuild mode in Gary Andersen's first two seasons but have shown a lot of promise this year and next year should be a great season. I'm hearing that Shear has been impressed with OSU and likes Andersen a lot. The word is that other schools are still showing Shear interest, but I still think his recruitment is trending towards Oregon State and will end up in their class. Keep an eye on this in the next couple of weeks as things will start to become more clear.

2. Civil War official visitors

There are seven recruits set for official visits this weekend, and there might be an 8th. Here's the list and a few notes..

JuCo OL commit Justin Sattelmaier
ATH/WR commit Quantino Allen
JuCo DB Jaylon Lane
JuCo WR commit Dionte Sykes
JuCo QB commit Jake Luton
DE commit Lorenzo Fauatea
JuCo CB Keisean Nixon

- This is a big visit for Quantino Allen. I am not sure if he's visited OSU before (you guys can inform me if he has or hasn't), but he is openly looking around at other schools.

- Jaylon Lane received his offer from the Beavs eight days ago and he's already set up the visit. He's quickly risen up the board as a top target for the Beavs. His recruitment is heating up; he won't be an easy land.

- I'm hearing that Jordan Agasiva might be officially visiting Oregon State this weekend. A source close to the situation told me that "many factors are at play" with regards to Agasiva taking an official visit this weekend. This would be a big visit and Agasiva would be one of the biggest commits of the class if that were to happen, IMO.

3. More on Keisean Nixon

- Nixon is a big surprise visitor. He told me a few weeks ago that he wouldn't be officially visiting Oregon State. Just two days ago when Nixon talked to the South Carolina rivals site, he said that he cancelled trips to Missouri (originally for this weekend) and for Mississippi State in December and didn't have any more visits set up. Now, he's visiting the Beavs. This is really big news as he's a really talented player. His recruitment has been really muddy with regards to him seemingly changing his mind every couple of days on where he wants to visit, who his top schools are, etc. If the Beavs get his teammate, Craig Evans, then that will help their chances with Nixon. If you put a gun to my head and make me choose, I'd say Nixon ends up at South Carolina, but I really have no clue because I don't believe even he knows where he's going at this point.

4. Cancelled visit for JuCo O-lineman Jo'Quarius Savage

So.. Jo'Qquarius Savage was supposed to visit Oregon State back in October, but the visit was moved for the Civil War game. Savage told me he had did not have an offer from OSU in October, but a source told me he did. Then Savage received his official offer letter from Oregon State on November 14. For whatever reason, I'm told that not only is Savage not visiting OSU this weekend, but also that the Beavers are not targeting him much anymore. I don't know if the Beavs feel good with their chances with other offensive lineman or if it's that Savage does not impress them on tape anymore -- maybe a combination of both.

5. Quick Hitters

- Nazarite posted a story from a newspaper on former Wisconsin signee Ula Tolutau a 2014 RB that signed with Gary Andersen at Wisconsin. Tolutau is back on the recruiting front after his Mission and has already taken an officials to BYU and Utah. He's also looking at OSU and Utah State. Here's what a source told me regarding Tolutau today.

"He visited BYU two weeks ago. It’s going to come down to BYU and Oregon State, in my opinion. He loves Kalani Sitake at BYU. I think the Cougars have a great shot at getting him."

- I will have a full update on Portland Madison LB Daniel Green probably tomorrow, but I'm hearing that Oregon State is very much in play for Green. His USC commitment is not as strong as it once was. So that's good news, but he's looking at other Pac-12 schools as well. He likes the proximity of home factor with OSU, but he really likes Utah and Colorado as well.

- Andrew Aleki is a Polynesian DE from Hawaii - a prospect that I really like. He named Wazzu and OSU as his top two schools a month or so ago, but it doesn't seem like OSU is still targeting him as much as they were. Here is his official visit schedule:

San Diego State on Dec 9-11, Washington State on Jan 13-15, and San Jose State on Jan 27-29

- Carson Terrell is the top TE target from my knowledge, but the staff does like Sire Woods as well. He tore his ACL this season which really slowed down his recruitment. He tells me he's still talking to Oregon State though. A visit has not been set up yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News