ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers/grad transfers additions

QBeaver

BeaversEdge Heisman
Jul 29, 2004
Corvallis
***We are now transitioning into a different type of recruiting in football than we have ever seen in our history. Currently,so many players are now available to add who are highly regarded that want a new home via transfer,or one year players who can plug in and show their skills. Look at the additions to our roster over the past couple years who project as potential starters. Brandon Kipper OG,Nathan Eldridge OC,Tyjon Lindsay WR,Tristan Gebbia QB,Addison Gumbs OLB,Avery Roberts MLB...six potential difference makers whom were mostly highly recruited,that we had minimal chance at getting coming out of high school.

***When I see our recruiting class ranking,I take it with a grain of salt. We signed 15 kids,but added some transfers that if calculated would give us a much higher ranking boost if added in. It's all about filling needs,and adding talent to your roster. This new model for osu is exciting,because it could allow us to get healthy much quicker if we add the right pieces. Next year I expect us to be able much more able to compete on a level playing field with our opponents due to our staff picking up some exciting athletes who we can really get behind!

***Anyone else excited about the start of spring drills in March?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News