ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting TJ Green Update..

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
News broke on Tuesday from Rivals.com's Adam Gorney that four-star running back and OSU commit TJ Green would be officially visiting Utah this weekend.

Green told BeaversEdge.com a week ago that his recruitment with Utah was "complicated" in this story and that was the only detail he went into. I imagine that Green just didn't want news to get out there that he was considering Utah more than we had thought.

He was offered by the Utes a few days ago and then came the news about his official visit to Utah. However, Gary Andersen brought in the heavy hitters for his one in-home visit with Green on Tuesday night (head coaches can only have one in-home visit with a recruit).

Offensive coordinator Kevin McGiven, running backs coach Telly Lockette, tight ends coach Dave Baldwin, and cornerbacks coach Cory Hall were with Andersen during the visit.

Before the visit took place, Green told me that Oregon State fans have nothing to worry about. After the in-home visit, he sent me a few more messages.

"It was great," Green said. "They were just letting me know that I'm the guy they want."

Oregon State offered four RB recruits by my count in the past few weeks - Conor Wedington, Kyshaun Bryan, Bruce Judson, and Calvin Tyler.

Green's quote about being the guy OSU wants makes me wonder if he was upset that the Beavs were offering so many new guys. I don't know, but it's clear that OSU made Green feel better about the whole situation.

He called it a "big deal" that OSU brought five coaches in to visit him.

As I reported in last night's recruiting chat, Green reassured me that Oregon State fans have nothing to worry about.

Also read: https://oregonstate.rivals.com/news/updated-2017-position-rankings-changes-atop-apb-db-ranks

^^ Rivals positional rankings, Green bumped up 7 spots in RB rankings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News