ADVERTISEMENT

Tinkle's Offense

kjmasten

BeaversEdge Three-Star Recruit
Oct 6, 2009
Tinkle is obviously a great defensive coach. But I think there is at least a reason to question or at least take a wait and see approach to his ability to coach offense. It's painfully obvious that we are void of talent on the offensive end. I have never seen a team miss so many easy looks at the rim. However in the games that I have watched, we have also come across as a team that doesn't have a clue on offense. I think the desire to shorten games and limit possessions has left us stagnant, often taking half the possession before getting into a set. We should be wearing the D out by making them work the full 35. The other thing that bothers me a little bit is that we have a guy who is head and shoulders better than anyone else on the team and we don't make him the center of our offense. If GPII isn't shooting 15 times a game something is wrong.

Anyway, just a couple items for debate. A lack of talent has made many a coaches look bad so I am not reading too much into it. I just can't wait to get some studs on the floor to see what we can do on both ends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News