ADVERTISEMENT

Tibs...

GSMBEAV

BeaversEdge Super Blue-Chip
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2006
I think JS make an excellent business decision to let Tibs go at this point in the season. Some of you felt I was a staunch defender of Tibs, or even was Tibs, but that was never the case. I just felt he, or anyone else, needed ample time to turn a total shit show around. Three and a half years is enough time to show improvement and more importantly show you are on an upward trajectory. There were some signs of improvement (where else could you go), but it wasn't significant enough and it was clear that he lost the players under his "guidance". Some may say that JS waited to long to cut bait, and maybe he did, but I think the timing was fair all the way around.
I expect us to go into the Stanford game, at home, with a bowl game on the line, with renewed life and energy and come out with a win. Building off of that, I'm optimistic about ASU at home...then who knows?
In saying all of this, I think it's time for some of the other coaches to step up their game. Frankly, some of them are fortunate to have Tibs to point the finger at for some losses to deflect from their own performances, which I feel have contributed to some losses regardless of how bad the defense was/is. Hopefully this will put some of these guys on notice that their contracts are up at season's end and there are no guarantees. As they say, the first divorce is the hardest but it gets easier from there.
Looking forward to Saturday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News