ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Collins re-joins team

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie machado

BeaversEdge Heisman
Feb 2, 2006
Big announcement from Andersen this afternoon...

Oregon State head football coach Gary Andersen announced Monday that Seth Collins has rejoined the team.

“I’m very humbled that my teammates and coaches have provided me the opportunity to rejoin the team,” Collins said. “Coach Andersen did not always agree with the direction that I was headed during this process, but was always there to talk and support me as a person first. I’ve grown tremendously as a person since I arrived in Corvallis and I can’t wait to put on the pads and represent Beaver Nation the best way possible.”

“The reason we do what we do is to build young men on and off the field, supporting them and preparing them for the future,” Andersen said. “Sometimes they do not always make decisions we agree with, but these can be times of growth for the individual. The return of Seth to our program is a decision supported by the leaders of this team, our coaching staff and myself.

“We have a plan that will take place over the next few months for Seth to earn his way back in the mainstream of our program. He is fully prepared to accept the responsibility and make up for the time he has missed. Spring football is in part a reward for winter conditioning, and as a result, Seth will not participate during the remaining practices. However, he is back in the weight room completing the winter conditioning cycle.

“It's important to note that since arriving at Oregon State, he has been an excellent student and has had zero off the field issues. He has remained on campus and in classes at Oregon State throughout the entire process”

A native of San Diego, Collins played as a true freshman last season appearing in eight games, starting seven. He led the team in total offense with 1,516 yards and was responsible for 14 touchdowns, eight rushing and six passing. Collins will play receiver when he returns to the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News