ADVERTISEMENT

Season prediction: 2015

bennyslovechild

BeaversEdge All-American
Jan 5, 2004
Chicago
Each of us at some point has made a thumbnail sketch estimate about how we think the 2015 season will play out, but I hadn't really taken a good hard look at the opponents, timing, etc. Having spent some time on a cross country flight the other day, I feel like the season can be split into 3 buckets.

Games we almost always will win (3)
Games we almost always will lose (4)
Games that could go either way (5)

I think it is pretty safe to assume that the Beavers will handle their business at home against Weber, SJSU, and Colorado. I do not expect a slow start against Weber. I expect the team to be prepared, play with purpose and an edge unlikely most season openers of late. Does not mean they will be perfect or win by 40, just means that I think that the precision and discipline differences between fall camps will be evident. San Jose could be a challenge if the offense is still struggling, but I do think we could line up and run the ball for 24 points and likely win. I think playing CU later in the year is good, because they don't have much depth, and I think we're better than they are, even if we have a few injuries too.

The games that I am almost positive we will lose are Michigan, Stanford, Arizona and uo. I do not expect a freshman qb making his road start in the Big House to lead the Beavs to victory. Michigan will have already played a good team (and probably lost) in Utah. Harbaugh is a great coach, and they have more talent than we do. Home vs. Stanford on a Friday night feels like a game that the Beavs should be competitive in, but given our lack of success against them recently, I think they simply overpower us. And then I think Arizona may be the 2nd best team in the South and don't see us going into Tucson and winning. Then there's uo.

So the season's success lies in what I call the toss up games. I feel like these 5 games will determine just how we look back on the 2015 season. Win 3 of them, and this young team gets to a bowl game, gets extra practice, and GA can sell recruits on the corner already being turned. Lose all 5, and you are looking at a last place finish in the North, and another year where recruiting suffers. All that being said, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm going to predict that the Beavs hold serve against UW at home, but lose the rest. The road loss in Pullman will be a tough one to swallow. If Cal and WSU were at home, I'd probably pick the Beavs (but I said the same last year). I do think Utah is beatable, and I will hedge just slightly and say that if Peko and Grimble are as disruptive as they can be, I see at least one more win out of these 5.

So 4-8. Hope there is a surprise or two.

Reactions: Shoveller
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News