ADVERTISEMENT

*** Recruiting Chat - Recap *** (nuggets posted)

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
We had another fantastic chat tonight and every week, we have a bigger turnout than the week before.

Here are the recruiting nuggets that I posted. As always, this information is to be kept on the Beaver Central premium community here at BeaversEdge.com.

1. Latest vibes on Keisean Nixon

Let me start by saying that I believe that Nixon doesn't even have a great idea of where he's going to end up yet. I am hearing that things are not looking good for Oregon State here. One thing that is actually helping that Beavs is that he used two official visit slots to Colorado State and Iowa State a while back and they are no longer in contention. Tennessee just offered him, but I do not think Nixon will be taking an official visit there. Nixon has also taken official visits to South Carolina and obviously Oregon State, and I'm hearing from a source that Nixon will officially visit Mississippi State on Dec 9. That source believes that Nixon wants to play in the SEC and that South Carolina and Mississippi State are Nixon's top two choices - both schools sent their head coaches to visit him yesterday.

I don't have much new intel on Nixon's teammate Craig Evans other than that Mississippi State is trying to get involved with Evans now too. Gary Andersen is visiting Evans today.

2. Latest on in-home visits

I've compiled a list of targets and commits and what the latest is regarding them receiving in-home visits.

COMMITS

David Morris - Monday night with TJ Woods

Arex Flemings - Wednesday night with Brent Brennan and maybe Kevin McGiven

Justin Sattelmaier - Wednesday with Kevin Clune

Kolby Taylor - Monday night with Brent Brennan and Kevin McGiven, and McGiven and Andersen are supposed to be coming back next week as well

Jaylon Lane (more on him in another nugget) - Monday night with Gary Andersen and Telly Lockette, Odum also visited with Lane's parents in Texas

Dionte Sykes - Monday night with Brent Brennan and Kevin McGiven, Sykes expects OSU to be back next week as well

Lorenzo Fauatea - Thursday night with Kevin McGiven

Justin Gardner - sometime next week with Telly Lockette

Jeffrey Manning - Tuesday night with Brent Brennan

Isaiah Miller - Gary Andersen and Derrick Odum will visit Miller next week. Rutgers will visit him next Tuesday.

TARGETS

WR Jamire Calvin - has a lot of in-home visits scheduled, tells me that OSU will come on Wednesday - very likely it'll be Brennan and McGiven

TE Carson Terrell - Utah State visited him Monday night and UCLA and OSU are coming to see him Thursday night. McGiven is visiting from OSU.

CB Tayari Venable - Cory Hall visited him Monday night and Washington State did as well. Kevin Clune is supposed to be visiting him next week.

TE Sire Woods - Dartmouth, San Jose State, and Air Force have come in for visits. OSU has not scheduled anything yet. I don't think they're talking to him much anymore. All of their marbles are in on Terrell is my guess. Woods would still like to officially visit OSU in January

DT Craig Evans - Gary Andersen was set to visit him Tuesday when I spoke with Evans Tuesday morning. Mississippi State and Kentucky saw Evans on Monday.

OL Mo Unutoa (more on him in another nugget) - Chad K from OSU visited him Monday night. Utah and Washington State were expected to visit Tuesday.

DB Dorian Hall, OL Jordon Carty, and OL Onesimus Lutu-Clarke, and all told me that they have not had any in-home visits set up yet.

3. Official Visitors for this weekend, latest on Pututau, and what about Falaniko?

LB commit David Morris
DL commit Josh Bowcut (mission recruit)
TE target Taniela Pututau (mission recruit)
OL commit Brock Wellsfry

- Those are the four confirmed official visitors. Morris is a very solid prospect that can play a few positions at a high level. Bowcut is Morris' teammate and will be taking an LDS Mission Trip after he graduates high school. Wellsfry is a very solid OSU commit.

- Pututau is an LDS Mission recruit as well that Oregon State has been recruiting for quite some time. I'm hearing that Pututau is leaning towards Oregon State and Utah but he is still looking at other schools as well. He is officially visiting Utah and Navy in January, and he's working on scheduling a visit to BYU as well.

- As I mentioned in a thread on the Beaver Central message board, four-star USC athlete commit Juliano Falaniko tweeted that he will be seeing OSU DT Elu Aydon this weekend. I'm told that Oregon State is recruiting Falaniko, and I expect them to recruit him while he is on campus. With that being said, I do think that Falaniko's intentions for visiting Oregon State this weekend is mainly to hang out with Aydon. I have not been told that Falaniko is officially visiting, so I am assuming that he is unofficially visiting, which is why I think his visit is mostly to hang out with Aydon. If Falaniko is indeed officially visiting, then that would be very intriguing.

4. Jaylon Lane is a very important recruit

Lane committed to Oregon State on Friday and this was a big, big time land for the Beavers. The staff absolutely loves this recruit. I'm told that Andersen was at Lane's junior college in Kansas for around 3-4 hours on Monday - right after Lane spent the weekend with at OSU. OSU also sent Derrick Odum to visit his family. in Texas. The staff has put a huge priority on Lane to make sure he stays with his OSU commitment.

5. Beavers trending for Mo Unutoa

Oregon State OLB coach Chad Kauha'aha'a visited the big Hawaiian offensive lineman on Monday, and I'm told that the visit went very well. Coach K is a gem on Andersen's staff as an excellent recruiting - going after these big Polynesian recruits that OSU needs to excel in the Pac-12. The last nugget I had on Unutoa was a few weeks ago after Unutoa's official visit to OSU, and it was that Unutoa was leaning towards going back to his home state of Utah for college to play for either BYU or Utah. My source now tells me that Oregon State has made a big impression on him after the home visit and how well his official visit went for the Washington State game. Utah is recruiting him the hardest, so they are still a big threat as well. Utah and Washington State visited Unutoa today, and he is set to officially visit Virginia this weekend. There is still a lot left to happen in Unutoa's recruitment as he takes more official visits, but as things stands, Oregon State is looking pretty good to land Unutoa. And by the way, Unutoa might be taking an LDS trip; he is undecided.

6. Quick Nuggets

- Things went really well for Florida ATH and OSU commit Quantino Allen on his Civil War official visit. I'm hearing that it helped solidify his Oregon State pledge, but I still think his recruitment is far from over.

- I'm hearing that it's likely a long shot for OSU to land four-star OLB and Civil War official visitor Rahyme Johnson.

- Isaiah Miller is officially visiting Missouri this weekend. I'm told that Missouri has a few running backs that they're trying to fit in their class, and they'll take whoever commits first. They have not offered yet, but Miller feels like it will happen during the visit. Also, Rutgers is pushing hard for him. They offered Miller tonight and will visit for an in-home next week.

- Tyler Asemota has not received an in-home visit from OSU yet nor has OSU scheduled one with him. Also, Asemota has not taken an OSU official visit. I'm wondering if OSU is cooling on the WR commit.

Pop out option -http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php/option=com_altcaster/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=2ae1db91ba/width=600/height=550/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News