ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 2016 and 2017 Rankings

HardRockfan1

Dec 6, 2014
Springfield, OR
I was bored because I had no calls to make today, so I sat down and I thought to myself "how does the Pac 12 Recruiting look right now, and who will try to hunt our recruits, especially that stable of WRs?".
Here is how the final Pac 12 Rankings looked in 2016, and how many signed WRs they each took

UCLA 5 WR
USC 6 WR
Stanford 3 WR
Cal 4 WR
Ucks 2 WR
ASU 2 WR
Utah 4 WR
UW 2 WR
OSU 3 WR
AZ 4 WR 1 grey shirt
WSU 3 and 1 grey shirt
CO 4 WR

One note about the 2016 classes as I looked at WRs. There was a ton of OL and DL recruiting across the board last year in the Pac 12.

If each class takes an average size of 20-25, that is a lot of receivers last year. Now let's look at 2017, where the rankings while not done, are certainly different! In this year's classes with some of the schools their picture is still developing. I have put their total commits to date next to the WR commits.

AZ 2 WR commits (19)
UW 3 WR commits (14)
USC 2 WR commits (14)
CO 4 WR commits (20)
OSU 4 WR commits (20)
Ucks 1 WR commit (12)
Cal 1 WR commit (13)
UCLA 0 WR commit (10)
WSU 2 commits (13)
Stanford 1 WR commit (7)
ASU 1 WR commit (8)
Utah 1 WR commit (6)

So here are a couple of thoughts. In the Pac 12, we know these rankings will change, we have a long ways to go. But I look at the Ucks and UCLA and WSU to try to get at our WRs the most. While ASU only has one, they have a stable of good WRs right now, and Utah doesn't really play the system we do.
My second thought is that this might be another year when WSU finishes in the lower half of the recruiting, and they just keep winning. That's great coaching. That Pirate knows his stuff.....
Just wanted to give you a quick view from last year to this year. Going to be fun until February!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News