ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting OSU looks to land another recruit from LA Cathedral

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
tkrrglrfonekbu0pimap

Oregon State landed 2017 signees from wide receiver Arex Flemings and safety Jeffrey Manning, a pair of recruits from Los Angeles (Calif.) Cathedral High School. They nearly landed a third in wide receiver Jamire Calvin.

Former OSU wide receivers coach Brent Brennan, who is now at San Jose State as their head coach, was the primary recruiter for the Beavs in southern California. Now, that role has been shifted into a team effort by the OSU staff.

Into the 2018 class we go, and the Beavs are targeting a 2018 outside linebacker from LA Cathedral - Halid Djibril.

Djibril is a three-star 6-foot-1, 181-pound outside linebacker. The Beavers have been recruiting him for quite some time - spanning back to last fall.

"Oregon State is a good school," Djibril said. "I like the football team. I like the environment. I like them academic-wise too."

While Calvin hopes to help sway Djibril to Washington State, Manning and Flemings are doing the same with Djibril to Oregon State. Djibril sees a big positive in playing at OSU with his two buddies.

"It would keep me motivated," he said. "We all have a close relationship. I see them every day at school."

Djibril keeps in touch with the staff and noted that it has most recently been defensive coordinator Kevin Clune.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News