ADVERTISEMENT

New commitment OSU lands USC transfer Devon Williams

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
So...

There has been a lot of chatter regarding former USC WR Devon Williams and his transfer to Oregon State. After it was confirmed that he was on campus for the Cal Poly game, things went mysteriously quiet and rumors began to fly. No surprise there, the guy was the #1 ATH in the class of 2018.

Brenden and I have been keeping our mouths shut because while it’s fun to speculate, we don’t want to give anyone false information, and that’s not what I’m going to do right now either. What I will tell you, however, is exactly what we’ve been hearing word-for-word.

“He is here.”

He. Is. Here. Nothing more, and nothing less.

There’s a lot of different ways that can be taken, but one thing is certain, Devon Williams is in Corvallis, Oregon and more specifically at Oregon State. Whether that means he is already enrolled in classes, trying to get enrolled as a student or just visiting once again for the Stanford game (weird he would be there as early as Wednesday) there is absolutely no negative way to spin this information, and all signs are pointing to the Beavers landing a player who, without having done the research, would be the highest rated player to ever land at Oregon State, at least in the Rivals era.

Should that be the case, all there is to say is what a good job the staff has done. The vibe I get is that Williams visited for Cal Poly, saw what Oregon State’s offense does which is punish opponents through the air, and pictured himself being the next big name to be catching the passes. His commitment to the Beavs would also mean that he was snatched away from the other team in Oregon, who will certainly tell you NOW that they never wanted him anyways.

You all will know more as soon as we do. Again, nothing is certain, but he is here.

coffee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News