ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Oregon State Football Recruiting Nuggets 9/19 ***

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
Happy bye week everyone, I figured we could try to help fill the void of no football this week with some recruiting nuggets. Sound good?

I hope so.

Here is the latest on top Oregon State 2020 targets:

As most of you will remember, Overman released his top eight back on August 12th. The list featured Oregon State, Washington, Kansas, Vanderbilt, UNLV, Utah, Cal, and Arizona. Overman is not still considering all of them, but would not say who he has cut from the list. Oregon State coaches and commits are still actively recruiting Overman, and he has kept an eye on the first three games for the Beavers.

Overman has an official visit scheduled to Washington for the weekend of September 28th. That is the only one at the moment, and may end up being the only other one he takes. Just as a refresher, Overman already took an OV to Oregon State in June and loved every bit of it.

It is sounding like a two horse race, but that is just a gut feeling. We will see what happens after the official. Washington does already have a tight end commit for 2020 in Mason West, but then again Oregon State does as well in Tommy Spencer.

As I pointed out in Brenden and I's Three & Out from last week, Pope is having, in my opinion, the most impressive season of all Beaver commits to date. Whether it is rushing, receiving or even on defense, Pope has been a phenomenal player for Tracy so far.

Pope has been keeping up with Oregon State football as well, and looks up to Isaiah Hodgins. I'll have a full story on him later today.

What is most important, however, is that Pope has an official visit to Oregon State for the weekend of the Stanford game (9/28). It is his only scheduled official.

Wouldn't it be nice to steal a recruit from Gary Andersen?

Utah State commit Nick Session picked up an offer from Oregon State a little over a month ago, and has remained in consistent contact with Beaver coaches. In his own words, Session says that coach Blue and Oregon State want him really bad, and they are talking every day.

The interest is not one sided.

"I am still with Utah State, but I am loving Oregon State. I'm not going to lie."

Session wants to take an official to Corvallis late this season or potentially after the season. Other schools that could likely get a visit are Utah State, Kansas State and Hawaii.

Oregon State recently offered 2020 DB Tyson McWilliams out of San Diego, California. The St. Augustine standout has ideal size at six-foot-three, and is a player I can really see blowing up. To back that statement up, look no further than Cal being the latest school to offer, and Singer tells me that Notre Dame has started evaluating him as well. None of that may matter, however, as Cal is a school that McWilliams calls one of his dream destinations.

We had a story on McWilliams earlier this week, who explained how he could see himself visiting Oregon State this fall. After picking up the Cal offer, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Oregon State is still obviously recruiting Bankston very hard, but unlike how things were when they first offered him, they are not the only ones. Bankston has picked up some solid offers from the likes of Kansas State, Louisville, Iowa State, Arizona, and SMU jumped in the mix yesterday.

Oregon State recently offered Bankston's teammate Ronald Williams Jr, who has also really blown up recently.

Bankston has an official visit to Iowa State this weekend (9/22). The Cyclones are really selling out for Bankston and have expressed to him that he is the only JUCO DL that they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News