ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ***Oregon State Football Recruiting Nuggets 8/21***

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
Nuggets for breakfast? That is a diet I think we can all get behind. Here is an update on eight 2020 targets for Oregon State, some new and some old. Enjoy!

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way now.

Omarr tells me that he is no longer hearing from Oregon State, which I find a little odd considering the fact that they sent him an official offer at the beginning of the month. Whether it is a lack of interest from Oregon State or from Norman-Lott, I wouldn’t worry about following his recruitment too closely any longer.

As for Rogers, I am being told that his recruitment is getting "busy" again meaning he is hearing from more schools, but Oregon State does not seem to be one of those schools. Again, whether it is a lack of interest from Oregon State or from Rogers, this ship seems to be sailing.

MOVING ON.

As some of you likely remember, Christensen reported an offer from Oregon State on June 15th. The guidelines of that offer, however, are out of the norm. According to Christensen, the offer is currently non-committable as the staff is trying to decide whether or not they will have a spot for him. The offer is a “roster offer,” which is essentially a walk on position.

The staff is telling Christensen to stay focused on his senior season, so while there is still a possibility that Christensen ends up on the team by way of walking on, he will unfortunately have to wait to see if he will be on scholarship.

After officially visiting Oregon State in June, Overman was on a high but decided to allow himself to cool off and not make an impulse decision.

As most people know by now, Overman recently released a top eight that featured Oregon State. As far as relationships go, there is likely no other school on his list who he is closer with. That said, Overman has decided to step back and really evaluate all of his options.

ON OREGON STATE

"I have a great relationship with the coaches there. I took my one and only official so far to Oregon State. I really like the vibe they have there in Corvallis, the coaching staff is great, the players are cool and the city is fun. It is a chance to play big time football."

For more on his top eight, click here.

One of the latest offers sent out from the Beavs as of two days ago (August 19th), Goram-Welch is in a position similar to Oregon State tight end target Jake Overman. He thought it had it all figured out and was going to ultimately choose between Oklahoma State, Illinois, and SMU but as more schools such as Oregon State are starting to show interest, Sawyer is taking a bit of a step back to make sure he gives all options an equal look.

Originally, the plan was to commit before the season so he could focus on winning a championship, but he will now likely wait until the end of his regular season giving Oregon State and others more time to throw their names in the hat.

With the interest now in both Oregon State and Oklahoma State, Sawyer joked that he would definitely be watching their season-opening game.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

“I can see myself visiting Oregon State. My dad has been there before for work and says it is beautiful and a good area, so a visit certainly could happen.”

Full story on him soon.

If Leshaun Bell had a top three (which he does not yet), two schools that have locked up a spot in it would be Oregon State and Fresno State. Bell is expecting more offers, but as of now is receiving a lot of love from the Beavs.

As of right now, Bell is focusing on his SAT and ACT which he is taking in September. After he finishes those he will take official visits, where those will be taken is still in discussion but I would count on Oregon State getting one.

More on Bell in the coming days.

Semaj is a pretty quiet dude. As it turns out, the Lakewood (CA) safety visited Oregon State unofficially over the summer, really enjoyed himself, and has since developed a strong relationship with coach Blue Adams. The Beavers were his fifth overall and first power five offer, but he has since added some impressive offers from the likes of USC, UCLA, Arizona State, and the other school in Oregon.

Semaj tells me that he wants to return to Corvallis this season for a game, and will make his decision after his senior season.

If I had to put in a FutureCast for any of the players on this report, it would likely go to Bolden.

The brother of former Beaver Victor Bolden, Silas tells me that he is in contact with Oregon State (Hynson, Pitre, Smith) daily and is coming very close to a decision. As of now, Bolden plans on officially visiting Oregon State, Utah State, San Jose State, and maybe Hawaii as well.

“I’m planning to commit early. It should be soon, just stay on the lookout.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News