ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Official Visitor Preview: January 13

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Click each recruit's name to view their rivals profile. (The paragraph on Judson is mostly copy and pasted from what I wrote about him in Tuesday night's chat.)

San Gorgonio (Calif.) cornerback - Kaleb Hayes - three-star recruit

Hayes is pretty firm with Oregon State and he's never even been on campus. He committed to the Beavers after a satellite camp over the summer. Click here to view my interview with Hayes from a couple of days ago -- he will be officially visiting BYU on the 20th, and he is still interested in New Mexico because they're recruiting him as a QB. With all of that being said, I think there's a good chance that Hayes cancels the BYU visit and completely locks in with OSU after this weekend. He's a Beav.

Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic offensive lineman - Travis Mackay - three-star recruit

Now that Mackay and Hayes are visiting, the Beavs have now had every single one of their current commits officially visit. Having Mackay committed to continue the Central Catholic pipeline is important. There have obviously been pretty good players come out of of Central Catholic... I haven't seen the tweets personally, but you all have told me that Mackay's dad has tweeted things about how Travis might take official visits - something to that extent. But I'm not buying it too much. I think Travis' heart is in Corvallis. He might visit Boise State, but I don't think it'll happen, and he's firm with OSU either way.

Rocklin (Calif.) Sierra C.C. wide receiver - Aaron Short - two star recruit

I have to admit, I was surprised to see Oregon State offered Short and take his commitment - especially since it came the day after Oregon State added a commitment from Jamire Calvin (I thought they'd be done at WR). However, maybe the staff knew there would be a good chance that Calvin would waver on his pledge, which seems to currently be the case, but I don't think anyone could've predicted it would happen so soon. Anyways, Short's commitment gave Oregon State 7 WR commits, and Gary Andersen said in December that he wants six WR's in the class. But these things change very often, so maybe 7 is the magic number... But back to Short, I love that he is a touchdown machine in the red zone. I think he'll have a respectable OSU career, but it won't be anything fantastic.

Sacramento (Calif.) Inderkum safety - Trajon Cotton - three-star recruit

I'm buying into this growing sense that everyone seems to be having - and it's that Trajon Cotton ends up an Oregon State Beaver. Having friends like Isaiah Hodgins at OSU only helps the Beavs' chances, and he's started to link up with more of the Beavs' commits on social media. Cotton has connected with John Rushing right away, and he's already close with Dave Baldwin. I think Cotton will commit to Oregon State pretty soon, actually. He's already taken official visits to Colorado and Oregon, his other two contenders.

Cocoa (Fla.) athlete/running back - Bruce Judson - four-star recruit

Judson is one interesting guy. I was told that Judson already had his plane ticket for a Washington State official visit this weekend, and he told us Tuesday morning that the Wazzu visit was set. But now, he's OV'ing to Oregon State this weekend... I have been following his recruitment for a long time, and it's been interesting to say the least. The young man is all over the place. He's committed to USF, but Oregon and Kentucky are on him... Judson mentioned in our article earlier this week that his high school coach is close with Lockette, and I've heard that they are indeed super close. Judson's high school coach has been around forever, and Lockette knew him during his time coaching in Florida. I don't know where the Beavs are at exactly in his recruitment, but I don't think Judson knows that either.

Kahuku (Hawaii) running back - Kesi Ah-Hoy - three-star recruit

I'm really interested to learn more about Ah-Hoy, because before earlier today, I had never heard of him, honestly. The biggest question I have is: would Oregon State take a commitment from Ah-Hoy as their second running back, or would they put him on hold to wait and see what their other top running back recruits do? There's always the chance that OSU would take Ah-Hoy as well as a third running back for the reason of "take the best player available" type of thing... Ah-Hoy is currently committed to Hawaii; he committed there in early December, but I was told by a source earlier today that Ah-Hoy was offered by OSU during the summer, but I imagine that the staff has cooled off on him and picked things up recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News