ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting NUGGETS: Coaches on the Road 1/12

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
The dead period is now over and the Oregon State coaching staff will be on the road. I've been working the phones to figure out where the staff will be today.

---

I don't know speciailly which coach is going where, but I do know who the Beavs are going to see today. You can kind of guess who is going where though based on the recruits that are being seen.

- Oregon State is going to the state of Colorado to see Ezekiel Creps, a 6-foot-4, 315-pound offensive lineman. This is a new name for me. Beavs looking to add some beef.

- It turns out that Oregon State is recruiting JuCo QB Lindsay Scott, and the Beavers are actually going to see him today. He plays for East Mississippi JC, which is the home of the Netflix show Last Chance U. Scott is 5-foot-11 but is a serious playmaker.

- The Beavers are hitting up some local schools, which is important. They're strengthening relationships with high school coaches from around the state. OSU is going to Lake Oswego, Tigard, Jesuit, West Linn, Southridge, etc. They're also going to Clackamas, which is the home of 2019 commit Kelsen Hennessy (name of the year). Smith's staff is honoring that commitment by the way.

- The staff is also hitting up their home away from home -- southern California. OSU will be checking out some of the top high schools in the area. Remember, these 2019 recruits can start taking official visits from April 1 to the end of June, so OSU has to be strategic in how much they balance rounding out the 2018 class and getting a good start on 2019. A good part of January will be identifying their top 2019 guys.

- OSU will be at Narbonne H.S. I don't know who they're going to see specifically -- remember, part of this is building relationships with these top high schools in their home away from home. Narbonne does have three, three-star 2018 kids that are currently unsigned: WR Darien Butler, RB Jamar Jefferson, WR JJ Tucker.

- They're also going to St. John Bosco, which has unsigned three-star 2018 recruits ATH Devin Cooley and CB Level Price.

- They'll be at Junipero Serra to see a 2018 guy that we know is a target based on yesterday's nuggets in WR Kobe Smith.

- Last but not least, OSU will be at Cathedral, but I think it's more to look at 2019 guys. My understanding is that Oregon State is not recruiting Victor Terry.

---

So again, I don't know exactly who OSU is seeing but my connects in southern California told me that's where OSU will be. Hope you found these tidbits interesting. The biggest takeaways for me were OSU going to see the junior college QB and the Colorado OL kid Creps is a new name. Don't believe OSU has offered either at this point FWIW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News