ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Nuggets 9/11 ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
What's up fellas. Time for some football recruiting nuggets! In case you missed them, I also had some basketball recruiting nuggets last week.

- To be honest, there's still not a whole lot right now to report on the recruiting front. There's not a whole lot happening right now but things will be picking up fast. A source tells me that the Beavers will have potentially 4-6 official visitors for the Arizona game, but as I type this, no recruits are set in stone for that weekend. Some potential guys to keep an eye on for that weekend or Kyle Patterson, Evan Bennett, and Bennett's teammate and top safety target William Nimmo Jr.

- On the hoops front, Orlando Robinson is officially visiting for the Arizona weekend. He set his five official visits about a month ago. His first visit was to Fresno State on Labor Day weekend, and he was at Boise State last weekend. He'll be at Louisville this weekend, Oregon State on September 22, and he wraps things up at Georgia Tech the following weekend. If Oregon State doesn't sign any additional recruits (the top guys they're after are Robinson and Kenyon Martin) then they'll be at their scholarship max. Bringing on an additional 2019 recruit (to what they already have committed) means oversigning and then will have to have attrition. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

- Back to football recrutiing. With Tristan Gebbia in the fold, Oregon State can now be very picky with what they do at quarterback. My source says if the Beavers are going to take a 2019 QB, he's going to have to be a really good one. And this is just my vibe based on reading in between the lines, but I don't think any of the targets they're interested in but haven't offered will end up getting an offer from OSU. I think if they're going to take a high school recruit, it's going to be a prospect who decommits and OSU swoops in.

- We've had some questions about Addison Gumbs, an Oklahoma linebacker transfer, on the message board. Kefense Hynson, Legi Suiaunoa, and Trent Bray are all following him on Twitter, which may not mean much, but it's interesting. I can confirm that Oregon State is recruiting him, but he's talking to a few other schools as well. Vibe here is that Gumbs isn't close to making a decision yet but I'll keep an eye on it. Things move fast in transfer recruiting. Gumbs was recruited hard by Mike Riley and Trent Bray as a recruit when they were at Nebraska.

- Oregon State has defensive back commits in Alex Austin and Wynston Russell, but they're still looking to add some more guys, especially at safety. DB recruits to keep an eye on are Makai Polk (potential Arizona visitor as well), Corey Jones, Zach Larrier, Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson (longshot IMO but they're keeping tabs on him), William Nimmo Jr., and then two guys who I feel are OSU leans, Keonte Glinton and Jojo Forest (likely visiting OSU for the WSU game).

- As for in-state recruiting, right now, I don't see any more Oregon prospects getting an offer from the Beavers in the 2019 class. That could change but as things stand now, I don't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News