ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Nuggets 7/26 ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Recruiting nuggets time!

I love posting these. There's a lot of outlets out there to get OSU information, but can't get scoop like this anywhere else :)

- It was reported earlier this week that Riley Sharp would be officially visiting OSU this weekend. High school prospects can't visit this weekend, but junior college and post-high school prospects, like Sharp, can take official visits. As far as I know, Sharp has intended to be a Beaver all long even through the coaching change, but I'm told BYU and Utah recruited him hard. Sharp was a much more high profile recruit coming off his LDS mission than he was coming out of high school. Utah didn't even recruit him out of high school but they wanted him this time around.

- My understanding is that Sharp will be joining the team this September when he enrolls in school and will join the football team then. The reason behind this is (at least what I believe the reason to be) -- why risk him getting more offers and going to another school? He'll redshirt this year and be a redshirt freshman in 2019. He's likely to start out at OLB but could play DE or TE. We'll just have to see how his body grows.

- Running back Giles Jackson is visiting Oregon State and Oregon on Friday. I'm told that OSU is pretty much a long shot here and that the Ducks are probably the leader. He is committing on August 24, so it's a month away and maybe OSU really wows him on Friday, but still more so a long shot right now. He and his mother are pretty high on Oregon State though. We'll see.

- I've reported this before and I'll say it again. Running back Taron Madison is a guy to keep an eye on. Rivals is doing "recruiting forecasts" where staff gets to make predictions, and I've put in a forecast for Madison to Oregon State in the beta version. (You all will get to make forecasts too, really excited about this. Learn more here.)

- At wide receiver and tight end, I'm hearing Oregon State is pretty much done, with the exception of someone like Isaiah Foskey wanting to commit.

- At offensive line, the Beavers honestly don't have many targets right now. But my sources feel confident that Jim Michalczik will get the job done. OSU doesn't have an OL commit yet, but a guy they're after, Siale Liku, is mainly being recruited as a D-linemen but could play OL at OSU. In-state OL Jacob Ferenczi from North Bend is someone to keep an eye on if he has a strong early senior season.

- Josh Bowcut will be returning from his LDS Mission trip in June of 2019 and enroll at Oregon State. Hearing he's in good shape and will probably play offensive lineman.

- At linebacker, the vibe here is that Oregon State feels pretty comfortable. They have three committed already. They may take another but they like current commits Speights and Erhart at ILB and Franke at OLB.

- Defensive back is a pretty big need for this class. Just one guy committed so far in CB Wynston Russell. They have several guys on the board. Alex Austin is a guy I've also put a forecast prediction in for Oregon State. He is visiting Oregon State on Friday.

- With Brian Wozniak becoming the tight ends coach, my understanding is that he's taking over Mike Riley's recruiting areas. He'll be recruiting the central California area.

- As for a guy who's already on the team, true freshman DE Bradley Bickler is looking really good this summer, I'm hearing. He's look good to play the 4i in the 3-4 defense, attacking the inside shoulder of the OT and stopping the run. Don't know if he'll play this year but someone to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News