ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Nuggets 5/22 ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
It's time for some good recruiting nuggets. Let's start with some names of guys who are officially visiting the weekend of June 8. As of right now, that's the only weekend that OSU will be having official visitors in the month of June, but things can always change.

(A couple of these names have not been reported anywhere so it's always fun to see who takes my info ;))

June 8 visitors that I've confirmed as of 5/22

Oregon State loves this guy and is the priority at outside linebacker. They were the first school to offer him a scholarship and he's already visited campus once for OSU's spring game. He's physical, athletic, and just an overall solid football player. Franke is a guy I have on commit watch for the month of June.

When I spoke with Russell in a recent interview, he said that he was pretty much down to Oregon State and Wisconsin and wanted to make his decision soon. I honestly don't think Wiscy is recruiting him much and OSU really likes him. I think there's a really good chance Russell commits as well. He has an excellent relationship with Tibesar and Burns.

Oregon State offered Sims in March and I had honestly forgot about him until I followed up with him and found out he was taking an OSU official visit. Gotta love having some beef (I miss you @OSUBEEF) visiting and Sims is a beast. He has several other Pac-12 offers and would be a really good get.

We reported this the other day. Williams is a coach Tibesar recruit and another impressive OLB/DE hybrid. Tibesar has been pretty impressive on the recruiting front, recruiting all over the west and then stretching out to recruits in Illinois (Russell) and Louisiana (Williams).

So there's four official visitors for now but there's still a couple weeks before that weekend and I believe OSU is trying to fit more guys in. Michael Erhart told me the other day he's looking to visit that weekend but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

What I'm hearing with OSU quarterback recruiting

Right now, Paul Piferi and Joey Yellen are at the top of OSU's QB board, per source, and this isn't much of a surprise. There is another young man that I'm hearing OSU is close to offering at the QB spot from southern California but I'm going to hold off on posting his name. I don't want the info to find its way to Twitter and then other schools try to offer the kid before OSU does.

Anyways, a source close to the situation tells me that OSU is in a good position with Piferi and they have a lot in what he's looking for in a school. Piferi comes from a family of engineers and the OSU staff has gone in-depth with him about their program. A ton of Piferi's family graduated from Missouri and they just offered him yesterday. Piferi plans to commit before June 14, and has an official visit set to Purdue for the weekend of June 8. I believe he's visiting Oregon State for an unofficial this weekend and is trying to fit in a Missouri visit as well. I'll have more on Piferi in a story later today.

I'm told that OSU still really likes Joey Yellen. He has some big time offers but is one to keep an eye on. I was nearly exiled from the board when I said OSU didn't have a chance with recently offered Ryan Hilinski, and after a conversation I had yesterday, I still don't think they have a chance with him.. I get asked about Dylan Morris quite frequently, and I'm told there's nothing there either.

Satellite camps

Been compiling some information on satellite camps that OSU will be at. Still a work in progress but here's what I have right now:

- There's the Northwest Best Showcase on June 2 at Lewis and Clark, and I believe there's another camp in Portland that OSU will be at that day.

- OSU has prospects camps on their campus on June 3 and June 10.

- There's the All-Poly camp in Utah that I believe is on June 22. OSU will be there (I'm sure Gary Andersen will be there too lol)

- There's a couple other camps that I just don't have the dates for in front of me right now but OSU should be at Pacific Lutheran (in Washington), Azusa Pacific (in SoCal), and Sacramento State camps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News