ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Nuggets 10/3 ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
- Let's start with men's basketball recruiting. The Beavers seem to be in the lead for Orlando Robinson Jr. He's not coming out and saying that, but the vibe from people I've talked to indicated that OSU is the favorite. He visited Georgia Tech last weekend, but while GT is a very good academic school, it's probably too far from home. Fresno State and Boise State are options, but I think the Pac-12 has more of an allure for Robinson than playing in the Mountain West. I expect Robinson to choose Oregon State, and I made a Rivals "FutureCast" prediction for him too.

- If Oregon State does take him, the Beavers will oversign, meaning they've taken one more scholarship than they're allowed to take. However, I'm told Oregon State has a plan and will deal with it accordingly. Don't know what they'll do, but it'll work itself out. He will be the Beavs' last 2019 hoops recruit if he does commit. Boise State has been on Robinson the longest, but I think he chooses OSU.

- From what I've heard from sources on Robinson, he's a good shooter at 6-foot-9, dribbles well, and can block shots. He's a very skilled player but not a super-athletic kid. He can play the four or five. I think if Robinson were a bit more athletic, he'd have some more big time offers.

- Moving to football.. Jake Dukart leaving the football team wasn't a huge surprise. Dukart is a good athlete but I never really saw him working out long term. I thought we all knew there was a decent he'd end up playing baseball full time, but it is decently surprising that he made the move this early. With Dukart out, will Oregon State take a 2019 HS quarterback? My source doesn't seem to think OSU will unless a stud becomes interested. My guess would be a guy like Michael Johnson Jr. or Hank Bachmeier if that were to happen but it's unlikely... We'll see.

- The official visitors for this weekend are TE Kyle Patterson and defensive backs Keonte Glinton and JoJo Forest. All three I believe are Oregon State leans. My educated guess here is that Patterson may take his time, but Glinton and Forest commit this weekend. But with that said, the opposite will probably happen. On the hoops front, commit Jarod Lucas will be on campus for his official.

- Some quick hitters on various prospects...

DE Deion Harry should be officially visiting at some point. He was looking at the 10/20 weekend. That may still happen but we'll see next week ... DE Amiri Johnson is working on setting up an official but he's still probably a longshot to sign with OSU... Oregon State is no longer recruiting CB Lacarea Pleasant-Johnson ... The most recent 2019 offers the Beavers sent out -- JuCo DL Nick Figueroa, OL Dohnovan West, and S Akili Arnold -- will all likely officially visit at some point... I think it's a long shot that Oregon State lands Keon and Kejuan Markham right now, but the Beavers will look to get the twins on campus with teammates Alex Austin if they can for an official.

- The Beavers don't have any O-linemen committed when you look at the commit list, but as we've talked about on the board, Josh Bowcut is returning from his LDS Mission in 2019. He'll be a 19 or 20 year old true freshman. Joshua Gray, a gray shirt in the class of 2018, will also join the team in 2019, expected in for spring ball. So OSU already has two incoming offensive linemen locked in, and they'll add more. My sources fully trust Jim Michalczik and his process. They have a handful of guys they're looking at and will close in on a few guys they like. Look for the Beavers to get more aggressive in OL recruiting in a few weeks. Michalczik knows what he's doing.

- Finally, Taron Madison committed. As I said in the commitment thread last night, Madison has been a good ole "silent commit" for a while. He told Michael Pitre and Isaiah Hodgins (a good buddy of his) back in August that he was coming to OSU. I don't have all the details, but Madison has a good friend or family member (something along those lines) that works at OSU. To ensure there was no foul play in his recruitment, Madison went through compliance to make sure he could be on scholarship at Oregon State. And he got cleared Tuesday night, and two hours later announced his decision. He was very excited.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News