ADVERTISEMENT

NO TEAM SINCE OKLAHOMA

beaverbob49

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2013
No team since Oklahoma in the early 60's has been successful with a one dimensional offence. Chance won the starting job at Purdue by coming in and throwing the ball. This continued for the next 2 games then comes Udub. Their DC did an excellent job of taking our QB out of the game. Then our "elite" receivers got butter fingers. Chance looses confidence, our OC does his usual play calling, and we're once again a one dimensional team. After that game anyone on this forum could have set the defensive plan for OSU.
I agree with the chat, I think I would take any DC in the Pac over the one we have. I also believe Smith needs to call his own plays with help from the booth.
Bottom Line: 1) After 3 games we were reading our own press clippings. 2) May be we should see our receivers catch the ball before we crown them "ELITE" 3) Our offensive line is very good at run block but pass block ? Not so much. 4) The talent level of our DB's is such we have to cover the receivers like we did at SC and except some penalty's, as at WSU, we'll get away with a few. 5) getting Isaac back will really help, we put next to no pressure on WSU's QB.
After 4 games I thought we had a chance to play the UCKS for the northern crown, if we don't make some changes , I'm wondering where the next 2 wins for bowl eligibility will come from.
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, ( I'm keeping the faith ) but I've been attending Beaver sports since 1967 and had season tickets for 24 of the 28 loosing seasons. ( So I've seen some bad coaching ). The Beavs are all I have left, since I refuse to watch a bunch of over paid cry baby's called pro's. GO BEAVS

Reactions: beavernation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News