ADVERTISEMENT

My 3 Good and Bad

HardRockfan1

Dec 6, 2014
Springfield, OR
I looked back at what I thought would happen and said what would happen and what has actually happened this year.

Good Surprises

1. Clune is the MAN. I admit I was critical of the hire, and I am happy to eat crow pie all day. He has taken an injury riddled team, crafted it together, and they are bad ass. Next year with returning players from injury, new players and returning players our defense is going to be exciting.
2. We have had a bunch of young players step UP and make a huge impact. I think of AP, Hughes-Murray, Robinett (before injury), and so many more. Having so many young players on both sides of the ball contribute has been fun to see this year and validates that our coaches know how to evaluate talent.
3. Recruiting class is almost full! Whaaaaa? Did you say OSU has a class that is almost full? Man that's a statement. Our coaches, led by Andersen, are absolutely relentless recruiters and I hope (hope hope hope) that after tonight we will have some more good news! A few more OL and defensive recruits and then I truly think we have a class that we will see have a huge impact.

Bad Surprises

1. Our QB play has not been what we thought at all. Again, based upon what I saw I really thought DG was the man. Then after the Minnesota game I was even more excited. Then it allllll came crashing down.....
2. Playcalling. I have been surprised every game with at least 20% of our offensive play calling. We don't seem to be getting the ball into the playmakers. We don't seem to mix things up and defenses read us like a book.
3. Receivers. I admit I actually said we would have one of the best WR groups in the PAC 12. Once again I am bellying up to crow pie buffet line. Now part of their problem is number one, but they have under performed.
Those are my 3 and 3. What are yours?

Reactions: GoBeavs77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News