ADVERTISEMENT

memories of the past

jumpdrive

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
May 27, 2006
In gong through more news papers saved, coffee I am finding more memories of the PAST, for us old timers who I thought might like to remember, if not, you (Jared or BS)_can delete this.

1---Mt. St. Helens blew her top, May 18, 1980 and took with her, HARRY TRUMAN....who loved his whiskey strait up....HE ONCE SAID, " NO MOUNTAIN OR MAN IS GOING TO GET ME OFF OF THIS PLACE", The mountain took Harry with it...

2---The Oregon Journal News Paper,,,With one of the best sports writers ever,,,,George Pasero

3---May 23, 1980. The Portland Beavers baseball team game against The Hawaii Islanders was rained out. the pitcher scheduled to pitch was none other than Pascual Perez who went on to MLB...

4---Stihl Power Saws came to the market on May 19, 1980

5---The famous Luis Tiant, (The Mustache Marvel,),,,Former Portland Beaver--was pitching for the NY Yanks oN May 31, 1980 going for his 50th career shutout in the sixth inning (leading 4-0) when the manager at that time pulled him for reasons unknown. when the manager got to the mound to get the ball, Luis tossed the ball at his feet and then while walking off the field, he threw his glove six rows up into the stands.
Just thought some of you old timers might like the "memory Lane".
Thanks
Jump

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News