ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Malik Osborne down to four (UPDATED with story)

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
u5mxyytyiwu6117aecgf

UPDATE: Seton Hall is a "no-go" according to Osborne. Down to three schools..

Another update: I'm told this is down to Rice and ECU...

Seton Hall, Oregon State, Rice, and East Carolina are the four schools that Crown Point (Ind.) Don Bosco Prep power forward Malik Osborne officially visited and those are the four schools he will be choosing from

The 6-foot-8. 215-pounder is planning on making a decision on either Monday or Tuesday. The biggest variable in his recruitment is that Seton Hall has not offered yet, which was the last school he visited.

"I'm supposed to be hearing from Seton Hall on Monday," Osborne said. "They're going to discuss with me about their plans for me so I can get a better picture of what I should expect. Either [Monday] or the day after, I'm expecting to make a decision."

If Seton Hall does offer Osborne, then it seems like they will be the leader in the clubhouse to land his signature.

"It would be great to get an offer from Seton Hall," Osborne explained. "I'm expecting to play next year. If their plan is develop me for my junior year, then that's not really what I'm looking for. I want to get a decent amount of playing time my freshman year.

"If they tell me that I have a great chance of getting playing time and backing up their senior, then yeah, I'd most likely commit there because they have a great institution and a great business program."

The Oregon State Beavers are still in the mix for his services.

"The coaches and everyone at Oregon State were cool," said Osborne. "I liked hanging out and playing with the players. It's my only Pac-12 school, and I've always wanted to be somewhere on the west coast ever since I was a kid.

"Oregon State was great. My only concern is that they really didn't have a plan for me. They said that they like my talent but didn't lay out a plan. Don't get me wrong, the campus is great and the fan support is great. But I want to get everything situated as far as basketball. I didn't really get that feeling like I did with the other schools; I'm not too sure where I stand with them."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News