ADVERTISEMENT

Losing the Living Room

HardRockfan1

Dec 6, 2014
Springfield, OR
Love him or hate him, John Canzano gets both Helfrich and Andersen on a regular basis. Win or lose, Andersen has been on every week, just talking. Canzano can be an a$$, but he asks hard questions and isn't afraid to confront the elephant in the room. He has commented on the fact that Andersen is on every week while Helfrich usually only comes on when the Ducks win. They cover a wide range of subjects that are football and non football related. Andersen is comfortable, calm, and jokes with him from time to time. Sometimes you even learn something. For example, Andersen is freaked out by clowns.
On the flip side of that is Helfrich. I have heard many interviews with him and he nevers lets his guard down, never wants to let you inside. He also doesn't strike me as a guy with "it" who can come in and be the lord of the living room. He doesn't sound like he himself knows what the vision of Uck football should be. This is big.
So here is what I think. It used to be that OSU didn't own the living rooms in-state, but I think that tide is turning. I think Andersen has "it" to spare and he has a vision, and it's a clear vision. We are seeing that vision starting to rise. When Andersen or one of our coaches goes to watch a kid at high school, it gets a buzz going. Helfrich, not so much any more.
I see OSU owning the living room within a very short time frame.
Are any of you out there seeing this as well? Would love to hear your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News