ADVERTISEMENT

Lingering Sunday AM thoughts

mciaffoni

BeaversEdge Super Blue-Chip
Jan 7, 2007
-- I will admit to really only half paying attention to the game, so I don't have as many inane observations as normal.
- What really stood out to me, is that I think OSU is close to being a decent team, but while the difference between bad and decent is a mile long, the difference between decent to elite is 10 miles long..
- Washington's team speed on defense is crazy. Early in the game, it seemed like they had 13 people on the field.
-Hey, we outscored them in the second half!
- I am still concerned about this staff early in games. Consistently, we fall too far behind to actually have a chance. With that said, I understand that they were competing without a full deck of cards, but the pattern is clearly there.
- Our WRs are average. And, what we really miss is someone who can make somebody miss or run through a tackle. Both Nall and Cook have shown the ability to run through people and turn a 3 yard gain into more. I love Victor but most of the time if catches a short pass, he is stopped immediately.
- What did people think of MM? He was okay to me. I liked that he actually threw a pass to the middle of the field, which we have not seen much in a while. I still don't think we have a Power 5 QB on the roster that can elevate a team, at least of those that I have seen. I hope MM can prove me wrong.
- That list of injuries they showed on TV at the start of the game was depressing.
-Good heavens, we need a pass rush. Browning is really good and accurate, but it helps when you have a clear view of what is going on most of the game.
- On to WSU, who to me is beatable. We have to stick to running the ball like they did against Cal but OSU can win. Hope to see more of you there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News