ADVERTISEMENT

Lingering Saturday PM thoughts

mciaffoni

BeaversEdge Super Blue-Chip
Jan 7, 2007
--For any Minnesota Vikings fans out there, which offense is worse: Vikes or Beavs? Ponder for a while. I doubt you come to a conclusion.
- Really proud of the defensive effort. They played their butts off, and especially responded when GA called the timeout and told them "if you don't want to be here, I'll buy your ass a bus ticket home," according to the postgame report.
- Holy cow and I excited for the future of the LBs. The young freshman were really good and Hungalu was all over the place. This without Robinett and Shemar Smith, who all showed early promise. Add in David Morris and this group will be fierce.
- Kevin Clune should get both his check and those of the OCs this week. He has taken a group that has been decimated by injuries in the back end, and fielded a good unit in most cases.
- Coach Woods and McGiven has taken a unit decminated by injuries and QB and TE and been wildly inconsistent.
- I know some will say it may hurt recruiting, but if I am GA, I back up the money truck and offer Beau Baldwin $1 mill to be our OC next year. He likely will seek a HC gig however. Back to OSU: we have had one of the worst offenses in the PAC the last two years and that has to change.
- I have little confidence in many of our offensive coaches at this point.
- However, like we have seen in eugene, having a QB means everything, and at this point, we have multiple Qbs who are not P5. I would feel okay with DG as my backup and most P5 schools. MM is not a P5 QB. Blount is a scout teamer/FCS player. I really hope Moran or Luton are the deal, because without a QB, you have what we are. With even a decent QB ( think Travis Wilson) you can at least be .500.
- If I am GA, I am on the phone with Max Browne while he is on the sidelines tonight.
- Special teams....It was like Bruce Read was back.
- Nice job on the hail mary. Just wish that was there last week.
- I wonder if tempo would help our running game more?

- While I was one who thought we stood a shot this week, I think many underestimated how good Stanford is up front still. They have 4-star talent everywhere on both lines. If they had a QB, they would be elite.
- Gotta wonder how that game goes if OSU scores a TD after that first fumble,,,,
- Beavs seem to be one of the more oft-injured programs in CFB.

- Progress was still shown today, especially on D. Another winnable game coming up on the road. I'll be pulling for the boys to get a W next week!

Reactions: MikeSinger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News