ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting interview today.....

BM68MC

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2014
On 1080 The Fan with Brandon and DIrt interviewing some uck recruiting expert from uck nation or something like that.... Talking about their Texas A&M DT recruit they just picked up.

Apparently, he was a highly rated uck recruit 2 years ago from Texas and was all in to play for them but the coaches knew he was not going to make grades to be eligible at UO. So they "sent him down to San Mateo CC" because the coaches are connected with the San Mateo coaching staff. He basically said they steered him directly to this community college. They had him play for them while working on his academics. Apparently the UO coaches stayed connected with him throughout the whole 2 years. I didn't follow as to why he was slated to head to A&M but Oregon reviewed his situation and offered and he flipped to them shortly after.

Anyway, that was interesting to hear from the uck recruiting insiders. That seems like a totally shady situation right? Obviously it must not be breaking and NCAA rules, but clearly shows some major programs can basically use the CC schools as a farm system for themselves.

Seems pretty slimy, but what do I expect I guess? Its hole and the dirty business of college football recruiting.

Go Beavs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News