ADVERTISEMENT

Forest through the trees

marty9630

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
Gold Member
May 4, 2011
Much to my/(our?) dis-belief, and against all conventional wisdom, this OC actually tried to execute a game plan that "featured" our whoeful pass game instead of the run. Never mind gale force winds, never mind a 474 yard rushing performance the previous game, never mind that a team searching for an identity finally found something that they can do well (run the ball), never mind that we had one yard passing through three quarters. "To hell with all those minor details, we need to have a balanced attack". Talk about the inability to see the forest through the trees!

Just like the inept play calling during the game successfully squashed any sense of momentum that our run game created, this inept game plan squashed any hope of winning that our run game created.
This game was absolutely lost by the inept game planning by our OC.
I believe that these kids played so hard that they ALMOST were able to overcome their coaches absolute lack of common sense.
I have not been one to complain much on play calling until these past two years. Stop trying to force a balanced attack on a team that is not balanced. Do what works and win some of these VERY winnable games. What these kids need to get to the next level and what beaver nation needs to get back on board are W's.
Are there folks out there that like our game planning this year? I would like to hear your rationale.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News