ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Bartoo predicts 4-8

mciaffoni

BeaversEdge Super Blue-Chip
Jan 7, 2007
I heard on 1080 yesterday that Dave Bartoo from College Football Matrix is giving us 4 wins next year. I should say that I love his site, as it is a very unemotional look at college football, Most of his predictions come from recruiting rankings and if your 4 year average recruiting ranking is less than your opponent, you lose. He also adds in a coach effect for those who outperform/underperform their recruiting ranking (he is the one who said Sark was the second worst in CFB behind Kiffin when Lane was at USC).

Dave loved Riley and gave him a very high coach effect, and while I know I have orange colored glasses on, I am beginning to wonder if it was really MR's coach effect or the effect of other coaches around the league that allowed us to outperform our ranking? In Mike's heyday from 06-09, most of the league had bad coaches. I would place MR about 2nd behind Pete Carroll at that time. Fast forward to 2014, and the coaches in the league became so much better. I know it has been discussed many times before but I think it was less MR and more of the coaching around the league that changed.

Which brings me to Dave's 4-8 prediction: with what this staff has produced at previous schools, do you think OSU can exceed those numbers? Dave's coach effect normally focuses on head coaches, but man when you look at the staff under GA to MR, it makes MR's staff look like a JV squad, especially at the coordinators. Maybe it is just false hope but I'm thinking 4-8 could be low. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News