ADVERTISEMENT

Beef's Thoughts

OSUBEEF

BeaversEdge All-American
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2016
Seattle'ish
It's been awhile...I thought I'd offer some musings.

1. I hate Fresno State.
I see this game as a revenge game 2.0 for the 2001 debacle that was. Sure, we got our pound of flesh in 2002 in the 59-19 beat down, but that didn't salve all the wounds. Siegler's pick-6 was awesome and we got revenge for the punt return hit on Calvin Carlyle, but Smitty didn't get resolve. I think this is his time. It's all I can think about.

2. Our fans need to be better.
I am SO SICK of our lax fan base asking me to sit when the Beavs are on D. This time, to the gent behind me, I simply said "No. Sorry, I won't sit. Not when we are on D. I'll do what I can the rest of the time." I have been to plenty of other stadiums and their fans seem to do it right. We can't create a good home field advantage if we are not engaged in the game. Some might say/think "you can still yell from a seated position" but it's not the same. You can't project your voice and your presence is less. We need to be that 12th man.

3. I hate Fresno.

4. I liked the Miley tradition carried on.
I don't think there was even a vote for the sing-along. Miley Cyrus' Party In the USA has flat out become an OSU Anthem and I was into it! She has some pipes.

5. Boise Fans really travel well.
They were everywhere and as a result I had to stay in Albany. I wasn't just being a cheap ass....motel rates were 3x easily, if you could find one! Corvallis needs more lodging.

6. I hate Fresno.

7. Beavs have a lot to offer this year.
So, as far as first games go, this is one of the best I can remember, and that includes 2000. The fan base was pathetic and we STILL got it done. Boise doesn't suck and we thumped them. The D was really fun to watch. The O made big plays but has a LOT to grow into. I think with the cult of personalities we have for our team in Smith, Lindgren and Bray, we could be special this year. Need to get to 2-0. Which brings me to my next point....

8. I hate Fresno.

9. I want to give a shout-out to Steve aka @HardRockfan1 for always hosting a tailgate and being so gracious about it.

10. USC on 9/24
You all know that I don't look ahead to games and by my post I think it's clear that I'm focused on Fresno. That said, when we do get back to Corvallis, I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

11. I hate Fresno.

Go BEAVS!!!

- Beef

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News