ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting BeaversEdge.com National Signing Day Primer

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Alright fellas, tomorrow is National Signing Day for the class of 2018!

Expected signees
CB Jaden Robinson
OLB Matthew Tago
QB Jack Colletto
OL Joshua Gray
DL Ronald Audette
OLB Semisi Saluni (LDS mission recruit)
RB Jermar Jefferson
DL Jeromy Reichner
OLB John McCartan
OL Brandon Kipper (Hawaii transfer, has to sit out in 2018)

-- All 10 of these guys are committed to OSU

-- Click here to see the December signees

On the fence
WR Andre Hunt

-- Hunt is the only remaining uncommitted recruit left on the board, my sources have told me. You guys have asked me about others, but I'm hearing that Hunt is the only recruit that could sign with OSU that is currently not committed to the Beavers -- unless there is some crazy circumstance. As I posted this morning, I am predicting Nebraska for Hunt.

More intel

-- For two months now I've been reporting that 22 is the magic number for Oregon State for the 2018 class in terms of how many they could take. Right now, the Beavers have 20 commitments (not including Saluni, and including Kipper). After NSD, I'll double check on the numbers, but if everything goes as expected, then the Beavers will be at 83 of 85 scholarships. They would have room to bring in two graduate transfers in the spring ... Remember, these are my unofficial numbers that I believe to be completely accurate, but I may be off. This is not the kind of thing that Oregon State publishes.

-- If all goes as expected, the Beavers will announce 10 recruits tomorrow (11 if they get Hunt). The Beavs will announce Saluni (pretty sure about that), but of course, he's taking a two year LDS mission trip. Hawaii OL transfer Brandon Kipper will be announced by OSU, although schools can continue to recruit him until he actually enrolls in class.

-- To answer a question posed yesterday by Hardrockfan1, the 2016 signee Riley Sharp is expected to join the program in January of 2019. He took an LDS mission trip out of high school.

-- Recruits can start signing their LOI's at 7am at the recruit's local time. I don't expect OSU to announce anything at 4 a.m. PT though for when Jeromy Reichner in Philadelphia can sign, but things will get rolling at 7 a.m. PT.

-- For National Signing Day coverage, I will have a pinned and locked thread titled "Singer's Signing Day Central" for those who want to check in here and there to read NSD updates posted just by me. There will also be a "Signing Day Central" thread that I will also posts updates in, but it's fair game for everyone to post in. On the front page of BeaversEdge.com, I will have an updated article with new signees and all of the happenings.

-- Brenden Slaughter will be live in the VFC on NSD morning to conduct interviews with assistant coaches, and those videos will be up around noon. Brenden is scheduled to interview Michalczik and Riley, but we'll see if he's able to talk to anyone else.

-- At 1:30 p.m., Jonathan Smith will hold his NSD press conference. The press conference will also stream live at Facebook.com/BeaverAthletics and http://pac-12.com/live/oregon-state-university. I will of course provide the live steam in a new thread once it's up, and if you're at work and can't watch, I will post live updates.

-- I think that's it! If you have any questions, fire away!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News