ADVERTISEMENT

BeaverBlitz Confidential 6/21 edition

angie machado

BeaversEdge Heisman
Feb 2, 2006
1636127.jpg
Time once again for one of our most popular features here on BeaverBlitz (I'm releasing a little early for those of you in The Lodge tonight)

I'll begin this session with the ground rules. Everything that is reported in the BEAVERBLITZ CONFIDENTIAL must stay in The Lodge. That is the way this deal works. Sometimes some of the info is sensitive enough that it simply doesn't need to be passed on beyond the doors of this thread. This is a special feature for subscribers ONLY. Subscribers found to be passing this information to other sites or by e-mail will be blacklisted. The reason why it is posted in The Lodge is because it is the only way to ensure that the info is exclusive to BeaverBlitz.com. This will only work if everyone helps make it work.

This will be a periodic Lodge feature. These are notes and rumors that are potentially more sensitive than a story or normal posting would dictate.

Angie's Notes:
  • Mesa (Ariz) Desert Ridge 3-star DE Jalen Harris will be making an unofficial visit to Oregon State on Wednesday. He was supposed to be on campus today, but delays in flights made him decide to change the trip to Wednesday.
  • Also slated to visit campus this week (Thursday) TJ Green from Chandler, Arizona. The 3-star RB is a former teammate of current Beavers Mason Moran and Hamilcar Rashed. He will visit uo on Friday.
  • Hawaii OL offeree Onesimus Clark is also slated to check out Oregon State this week. He participated in the All Poly Camp in Utah recently and is camping at uo as well.
  • I checked in with several of the prospects who were offered on Sunday at the Beavers half day camp. Central Catholic OL Travis Mackay tells me that OSU, Cal & uo are his top schools. Oregon has not offered. Sherwood DL Josh Bowcut picked up his first offer on Sunday, from OSU. He is hearing from BYU, Utah State, PSU, Nevada, and Wyoming. He would like to hear from UW and Utah, but he has not spoken to them. Lake Oswego OL Dawson Jaramillo picked up his OSU offer on Sunday and then followed up with an Oregon offer on Monday.
  • 2018 WR prospect Mason Starling picked up an Oregon State offer on Sunday, his first. He is receiving interest from UW, Oregon and North Carolina.
  • Continuing my look at in-state guys, I checked in with Portland (OR) Jesuit OL Jaxson Kirkland who told me that he will be taking unofficial visits to Cal and UCLA this summer. He said that if he had a dream school it would probably be UW as his dad played football there. He did say that if the Dawgs did offer, it wouldn't be a slam dunk commitment.
  • Eugene, OR OL Cody Shear is on his 57th unofficial visit to Corvallis today (haha, OK, maybe a slight exaggeration, but he's been to campus A LOT). As I have said, it is very obvious that Shear is waiting on a Duck offer. He visited Arizona this weekend and some of their writers are positive he is a Wildcat. Maybe, but I have heard and get the feeling that he wants to be closer to home. IHe is good, but he isn't worth sitting around and waiting on for too long, especially when he's waiting on an offer from the arch rival. If he doesn't commit while on his trip Monday, I see Beavs moving on. I can also see him committing to OSU and then having the Ducks offer. Kind of been their MO lately.
  • Although other reporters will try to spin it that Daniel Prieto was 'flipped' by SDSU, it was a mutual parting between OSU and I think he saw the writing on the wall with the signing of Connor Blount, who is coming in as the scout team QB.
  • I think it is worth mentioning how on top of things the OSU support staff is with the signees. On Signing Day, there were a handful of guys that I was concerned would make it in. Fangupo and Penn were there, but so were several others. Very impressive, both the work put in by the players and the help afforded to them from OSU that they are in school now and getting ready to start their Beaver career. I mean Wesley Payne took 28 credits in one semester and had over a 3.0. There are others, but that is huge and it speaks to the organization of the staff at OSU and the work ethic and character of the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News