ADVERTISEMENT

BeaverBlitz Confidential 5/16 Edition

angie machado

BeaversEdge Heisman
Feb 2, 2006
1636127.jpg
It was such a popular post a few weeks ago, I've been saving up some good information for another installment of the BEAVERBLITZ CONFIDENTIAL.

I'll begin this session with the ground rules. Everything that is reported in the BEAVERBLITZ CONFIDENTIAL must stay in The Lodge. That is the way this deal works. Sometimes some of the info is sensitive enough that it simply doesn't need to be passed on beyond the doors of this thread. This is a special feature for subscribers ONLY. Subscribers found to be passing this information to other sites or by e-mail will be blacklisted. The reason why it is posted in The Lodge is because it is the only way to ensure that the info is exclusive to BeaverBlitz.com. This will only work if everyone helps make it work.

This will be a periodic Lodge feature. These are notes and rumors that are potentially more sensitive than a story or normal posting would dictate.

Angie's Notes:
  • Interesting conversation with someone tied into Texas last week. The Longhorns baseball coach Augie Garrido is most likely retiring after the season and the source I spoke with told me that Pat Casey would most likely be on the short list to fill the position. Obviously Casey turned down Notre Dame, which was huge several years ago, but it something that is at least on my radar going forward.
  • As the Beavers finish the VFC this summer, I've heard from several sources that the football team may spend a week practicing in Bend for fall camp. Dorms are available through COCC and it would give the construction crew an extra week to get everything moved in and set up. No official word yet, but something to keep an eye on. Several schools including ASU and UCLA run similar off-site camps during the first week of Fall Camp where they are able to focus away from distractions.
  • I've begun checking in with the 2016 signing class as they finish up their senior seasons. A few are still on the bubble, but will know more in the next few weeks. Look for an update next week here in The Lodge.
  • The BeaverBlitz Scholarship Tracker is updated and accurate (as of today). If you missed it last week, you can check it out here: Scholarship Tracker
Recruiting Notes:
  • I spoke with several analysts in regards to QB commit Aidan Willard. It really has been a mixed review. One said he watched him throw five picks at a 7 on 7 tournament, while another said he has a strong arm and can make all the plays. He is a tough competitor however and obviously grew up loving Oregon State. (note: I received the stats and he actually only threw 3 ints in a passing down tourney championship game and one was a tipped ball. Wanted to make sure to set the record straight.)
  • Checked in with OL target Casey Roddick in regards to his Oregon State offer. I know there was some discussion here late last week about comments he made to OregonLive raving about his other in-state offer. Obviously he likes both, but wanted to get his thoughts on OSU.
    • "I am very pleased with Oregon State," Roddick told BeaverBlitz. "I love the university, love the town and love the atmosphere. My father attended the university, but never played football though. I love Oregon State personally and I believe they have something special going on right now."
  • Brock Wellsfry, a virtual unknown a few months ago has seen his recruitment start to pick up. He attended the May Madness event put on by Ford Sports Performance this weekend and walked away as one of the top OL prospects in attendance. I could definitely see him pulling the trigger this summer.
  • Kolby Taylor is one of the Beavs top WR prospects. He has visited OSU unofficially twice and has a good relationship with QB Mason Moran). Taylor has a few more visits to take this summer (Northwestern and Notre Dame in particular), but has had nothing but great things to tell us when we check in with him about his OSU recruitment. He would be a huge get for the Beavers as they look to build the class.
  • Been some hand ringing over the lack of commitments now in mid-May. The staff is continuing to build relationships and are not settling on B-list guys just to earn commitments. The Beavers may be slow to add commits until the season starts and they can rattle off a couple early season wins.
  • West Linn OL Alex Forsyth is still uncommitted which could benefit the Beavers. He has been thought to be a Duck lean all along, but has had his offer to UO for over a month and has yet to commit.
  • Who could be next to commit? I'm still watching OL Cody Shear from Eugene (OR) Sheldon, Daniel Green from Portland (OR) Madison and Kolby Taylor pretty closely. Green has set Friday, June 3 as his commitment date. Off my list is Tyler Lytle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News