ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Report August 31 Practice Thread

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Brenden's practice report ----> https://oregonstate.rivals.com/news/oregon-state-practice-report-defense-challenged-by-clune

Singer's practice nuggets

- Today was a walkthrough, so the guys were in shorts and helmets. Most of the plays were fairly vanilla.

- I liked how Oregon State was using Artavis Pierce in different sets today. OSU doesn't like us to report on specifics, but I'll just say to expect him running the ball more than just in a traditional set.

- I was keeping an eye on the scout team defensive backs, which mainly consisted Jeffrey Manning, Kaleb Hayes, and Justin Gardner. There was one play where Jake Luton slinged an out pass to Noah Togiai that Manning jumped and nearly intercepted. I've heard around here that Manning could be really good for the Beavers. Gardner and Hayes need to get bigger, but they have bright futures.

- The running back 2's consisted of Calvin Tyler and Trevorris Johnson, and they went with the rest of the 3's - consisting of skill players in Connor Laverty, Quinn Smith, Xavier Hawkins, and Andre Bodden. Darell Garretson was quarterbacking this group. DG was a lot shorter in person than I expected.

- Seth Collins was at practice but was hanging out with Gary Andersen during the practice. He didn't participate and we don't expect to see him Saturday.

- I really liked seeing Jake Luton in person. He throws a really nice short ball. The play that the Beavs ran to open up the CSU game - the swing pass to Nall - they threw a lot of those in practice today.

- Isaiah Hodgins looks pretty good out there, but drops seem to be an issue. He dropped a slant in the red zone. Luton's pass hit him in his hands.

- Trevorris Johnson is a big, big dude. He honestly looked like a mini Marshawn Lynch running around out there. The dude is a beast.

- We didn't see any of the pistol last week, but OSU lined up in it a little bit today.

- Thomas Tyner was limited in practice today. He was out there but didn't do much.

Reactions: yana080
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News