ADVERTISEMENT

A moment in the sun

zebrabeav

BeaversEdge All-American
Jun 18, 2004
Happy Valley OR
Some of you may disagree, but I think it'd be a really nice touch to have a little Blitz write up every so often on one of the walk-ons. We typically have around 20 of those guys on the team - some only last for 1 season or 1 year, but many are on board for 2 or 3, and occasionally 4. They're a crucial part of the team, providing scout team bodies as well as, often, special team players. The lucky ones last long enough to warrant a schollie by the time they're Jrs or Srs.

So how about something about these kids' backgrounds, parents, major, future plans after college, etc? We get to see all of that for the schollie guys, but practically nada for the others. Nothing elaborate, and not necessarily a video interview, but just a nice, thoughtful piece on a "low news day" every so often.

I believe they get training table food now, which sure beats some of the old stories of walk-ons living on top ramen (but is that just for the season, or do they get it year 'round as long as they're on the roster?). But, even with that, most of them give a big sacrifice to be a part of the Beavs.

I'd like to see them have some kudos and "a moment in the sun". That's all. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News