ADVERTISEMENT

Football **Spring Football Day 12 Content HUB - 4/18**

Brenden Slaughter

BeaversEdge Heisman
Staff
Aug 27, 2016
Sherwood, Oregon
Hey Edgers!

Today's interviews with Brian Lindgren, Trent Bray, Riley Sharp, & Makiya Tongue

Practice Video

Nuggets via @tjmathewson!

Oregon State kicked off the final week of spring practice Tuesday at the Prothro practice fields. Here’s everything that happened:

1ST TEAM OFFENSE
QB: DJ Uiagalelei
RB: Deshaun Fenwick
WR: Silas Bolden
WR: Rweha Munyagi Jr.
WR: Trevor Pope
TE: Jake Overman
LT: Taliese Fuaga
LG: Tanner Miller
C: Jake Levengood
RG: Tyler Voltin
RT: Tyler Morano

1ST TEAM DEFENSE
DL: Sione Lolohea
DL: Joe Golden
DL: James Rawls
OLB: Cory Stover
ILB: Mikaya Tongue
ILB: John Miller
OLB: Andrew Chatfield
DB: Akili Arnold
DB: Kitan Oladapo
DB: Tyrice Ivy Jr.
DB: Ryan Cooper Jr.

- My biggest takeaway from practice is that the QBs could probably get a little more used to throwing in the cold. It was about 40 degrees and raining when practice started, and the group (mostly DJ) was struggling to throw a tight spiral in the conditions. Look at those California boys go!

- As our final practice has concluded before the Saturday spring game, I can pretty confidently say that Aidan Chiles is the most impressive QB I’ve seen of the group, followed by a tie between Ben and DJ. I just haven’t really seen that much between the two veterans in the group Travis Throckmorton and Dom Montiel have hardly gotten any reps, so they round out the group in whatever order you like.

- DJ, despite the cold hands, threw a beautiful wheel route to Jam Griffin down the far sideline for what would’ve been a touchdown in live action, but the coaches blew the play dead for some reason.

- Griffin made a couple of big plays after the catch, taking a screen for nearly 30 yards from Ben Gulbranson. It was good to see a running back stand out in practice, it’s been hard to get a read on that group when they aren’t allowed to be touched.

- It was a good mix of guys in the backfield, Griffin, Martinez, and Fenwick were pretty evenly splitting reps between the first and second-team offenses. It might just be me but we haven’t seen much of Trey Lowe this spring.

- It’s been pretty clear this spring that Aidan Chiles is going to have no problem throwing on the run, he dotted up sophomore TE Karson Boschma rolling out to his left out of the pocket toward the end of practice.

- On the defensive side: Ian Massey nearly added an INT to his name, breaking hard on a comeback route and nearly stepping in front of a DJ pass. Ryan Cooper Jr. and Carlos Mack Jr. also made impressive plays breaking up passes.

- For those wondering, there really wasn’t too much from the defense today….. No turnovers or sacks, or anything all that splashy, besides those plays above.

2ND TEAM OFFENSE
QB: Ben Gulbranson
RB: Jam Griffin
WR: Trent Walker
WR: John Dunmore
WR: Joe Valadez
TE: Gabe Milbourn
LT: Grant Starck
LG: Luke Vincic
C: Dylan Lopez
RG: Campbell McHarg
RT: Tyler Morano

2ND TEAM DEFENSE
DL: Takari Hickle
DL: Semisi Saluni
DL: Isaac Hodgins
ILB: Mason Tufaga
ILB: John Miller
OLB: Nikko Taylor
DB: Jack Kane
DB: Ian Massey
DB: Joe Swen
DB: Sam Mason Jr.
DB: Wynston Russell Jr.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.