ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting *** Pre-Signing Day Nuggets ***

MikeSinger

BeaversEdge Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
- Oregon State offered Rice linebacker commit Luke Brockermeyer on Tuesday, and he tells me that he will not sign until February. Oregon State is recruiting him as an outside linebacker, and my belief is that Trent Bray extended the offer to Brockermeyer.

- Utah QB Zachary Wilson was a guy that I thought may be a surprise signee on Wednesday, but I'm hearing he will not sign this week. Oregon State may get an official visit from Wilson in January, but I believe that other P5 schools will target him as well. BYU is the current favorite for Wilson.

- Spoke with a source close to Halid Djibril who informed me that Djibril visited with both of his parents, which he did not do on his visits to Utah and Washington State. This is a factor that I think is really playing into OSU's factor to land him on Wednesday. Also to note, Djibril's offer from USC is legit, but they like him at safety, and Djibril wants to play linebacker. If you read the Tuesday forecast update, then you already know my thoughts on if the Beavers get him or not.

- You never know what can happen on NSD. Alabama might offer all 11 of OSU's commits. Who knows. But the way things are looking right now, I expect all 11 of Oregon State's commits to sign with the Beavers, and the only target that I'm keeping an eye on is Djibril.

- So my educated guess is that Oregon State signs 12 on Wednesday, leaving them with plenty of more spots to fill in January. I'm thinking OSU signs 20-22 kids in this class when it's all said and done. We shall see -- attrition will play a factor.

- Recruits can start signing at 7am at their local time, so Kase Rogers in Texas should be the first to sign. He could sign at 5am PT. The last recruits to sign will be Isaiah Tufaga and Jake Dukart in Hawaii. Yes, Dukart is actually in Hawaii on a vacation with his family and has to wait until 7am Hawaii time.

- I confirmed that Oregon State has three early enrollees. The two we knew about were Isaac Hodgins and Isaiah Smalls, but the one that I didn't know about was DeShon Wilson, who confirmed with me that he is enrolling early. That was news to me.

Any questions? Fire away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News