ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ***Oregon State Recruiting Nuggets: Updates On 10+ Targets In California***

JaredHalus

Jared Halus
Staff
Jan 25, 2016
As you all have seen, we have been doing the state breakdown’s and have covered just about all of the recruiting territory except for the biggest one (by far), California. The original plan was to post this as a state breakdown similar to the others, but after seeing just how many targets there are in California and the amount of information, I decided to bring it to you all in the form of some crispy nuggets instead.

The Beavers have kept the heat turned all the way up throughout the dead period and have developed really strong relationships with multiple players in the 2021 class, particularly in California. You all will be very familiar with most of these names, but a couple of them may seem new as the staff has really started to push. Here’s the latest:

*alphabetical order*

Napa TE Brock Bowers

The UGA staff has been on Bowers harder than anyone, and although the school is on the other side of the country, it wouldn’t be the first time that they were able to pull a big time prospect from the West Coast. Oregon State has done a great job recruiting Bowers to this point and although they have been persistent, he has seemed to migrate more towards Penn State, UGA, and even Oregon.

I am seeing red and black here.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Georgia, Oregon, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Cal, UCLA, Washington

San Luis Obispo TE/WR Carlton Brown

One of the latest to include Oregon State on his list of top schools, Carlton Brown is an intriguing prospect at tight end with a 6-foot-6, 210-pound frame. Though he can line up as a receiver as well, most schools, including Oregon State, are pursuing Brown as a tight end.

The Beavs are definitely in search of a tight end in the 2021 class, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see them turn up the heat here. Keep an eye on Brown and keep an eye out for an update story on him in the coming days.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Oregon State, Utah, Cal Poly, San Diego State, UNLV, Nevada, UC Davis.

Phelan OL Garrett DiGiorgio

So my sense here is that the California schools are separating themselves, but recruiting is a crazy world and things can change in a second. DiGiorgio is developing strong bonds with coaches at Cal and even took it upon himself to drive to campus and tour it himself this past weekend. There’s also a FutureCast for him to go to UCLA from an Ole Miss recruiting analyst who has a 90% accuracy rate, so take that for what it’s worth.

The good news for Oregon State is that they got to host him for a visit prior to the shutdown, so they definitely have that going for them. Regardless, I see DiGiorgio making a pledge before the season starts one way or the other.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Duke, UCLA, Oregon State, Arizona, Utah, Washington State, San Diego State.

Sacramento DT Ilaisa Gonebure

It has been very hard to get in touch with Gonebure, but I do know that there is a level of interest between him and Oregon State. What I have heard is that Gonebure has been on campus before and is still being recruited constantly by the staff.

Gonebure is said to be sitting around 6-foot-7, 320-pounds now, making him an absolute handful to deal with on the defensive line. Would be a big get.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Fresno State, Oregon State, San Diego State, San Jose State, Tulane, UNLV, Wyoming

Temecula OLB Brye Lighon

Lighon should be a name to watch. Oregon State (Pitre) is recruiting him as hard as anyone right now. There is no timeline for a decision as Lighon would like to visit Corvallis and others if it ever becomes possible, but coach Pitre is really developing a good bond with him and the Beavs are standing out.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Washington State, Utah, San Diego State, Kansas, UNLV

Los Angeles ATH Arnez Madison

Oregon State was the first to offer Madison just earlier this month, and a few others were quick to follow. Coach Blue is leading his recruitment and the Beavs are pursuing him as a defensive back. Madison has good size and length for the position, and more offers are almost certain to come in.

It is always good to be the first to offer, so I think combined with the facts that coach Blue is recruiting him and OSU is a Pac-12 program has already put them in a good spot. Not that Madison’s recruitment process is sure to end anytime soon, but for now, Oregon State is in a good spot.

NOTABLE OFFERS: Oregon State, Central Michigan, Fresno State, Kansas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News