ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Oregon State recruiting notes (12/7 - 12/8)

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

BeaversEdge Four-Star Recruit
Staff
Feb 27, 2022
- Let's start with the news you guys will enjoy the most, Oregon State quarterback commitment Aidan Chiles is officially a four-star prospect on Rivals. Also ranked as the nation's seventh-best dual-threat quarterback. He has also been invited to the All-American Bowl which is televised every year on NBC.

- I have confirmed that Oregon State will host Nevada offensive line transfer Grant Starck on an official visit this weekend. I believe it's his only official visit scheduled right now but I'm working on trying to confirm that. Either way, I like the Beavers chances of landing Starck as early as this weekend. If I could put in a FutureCast for transfers, I would likely do so right now.

- I expect the Beavers to take the quarterback position a bit slowly, I don't think we'll see them rush to find a QB before the early signing period. Look more in January, and February for a quarterback signing.

- Arizona defensive lineman Paris Shand entered the portal on Wednesday, Shand played 23 games over three seasons for the Wildcats recording 41 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, and 2.5 sacks. I don't think he'll be a priority by any means but I think the Beavers will likely at least be in contact with Shand and see if there's any mutual interest.

- Also on official visits this weekend will be DBs Harlem Howard (Blance Ely High School - Florida) and Mason White (Mt. San Antonio College - CA). I am close to putting in a FutureCast for Howard to land with the Beavers, I will be doing more digging on Mason White.

- People have asked about flipping commits or looking at places that have had coaching changes. The Beavs will not be going after any of Colorado's decommitments with Primetime taking over in Boulder. Stanford, it looks unlikely as well. Those still committed will be hard to flip, kids who value the academics that much will likely stick.

- Quarterbacks, like I said yesterday, the Beavers will be big name hunting at quarterback. Will they land a big name quarterback who knows? The Beavs I believe (have yet to confirm) have been in contact with names such as Hudson Card, Drew Pyne, Devin Leary, DJ Uiagalelei, Kedon Slovis, and the list goes on. That shouldn't be shocking, anyone who needs a quarterback will be on those guys, how far can the Beavers get in those recruitments? We'll see.

I'll add more throughout Thursday if I get anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News