ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to Leashing a Husky

HardRockfan1

Dec 6, 2014
Springfield, OR
So here we are waiting for the biggest game we’ve all seen in 20+ years. Here’s what I think we have to see to get the W:

Offense
Lindgren can NOT get cute here - run the damn ball! Washington has issues stopping the run and we must establish our dominance early. Get Damien involved early and stay with him! It’s been so frustrating to see our offense getting 5+ yards a carry and Lindgren calls pass plays.
Passing needs to be crisp and Velling needs to be a target. Washington uses a lot of blitz packages and we cannot have these 7-8 second long developing plays.
Have DJ and Chiles run! It’s clear that both guys can run and that keeps their LB’s home.
Time of possession will tell us a lot. If we keep their offense off the field then we win!

Defense
We MUST get to Penix early and fast. After watching him in 3 complete games this year, if he’s given time he will surgically tear a defense apart. He cannot have more than 3-4 seconds and he needs to be hit every time.
Coverage will need to be the best it’s been all year. No missed coverages. No wide open TE that’s 25 yards in the middle of the field.
Stopping their run game. It’s not much but the more we make them a one dimensional team the easier we can pin our ears back and come after Penix.

Special Teams
Cover cover cover!! Also, let’s free our guys up for a house call!

Forcing a Key TO!
Let’s face it, one TO might be the key to this game. Our defense must play hard and keep their eyes open for the chance to pick Penix off. He’s very good but not perfect.

Take the Damn Points
I know Smith is a gambler but please Jonathan take the damn points. We may need em.

Ok that’s my thoughts - what are yours??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News