ADVERTISEMENT

Brands Win Championships: The Secret to Winning a National Championship in the 21st Century

JeremyDarlow

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
May 24, 2002
Hi all, my name is Jeremy Darlow. I’m a graduate of our Oregon State University (class of ’03) and also a recently published author of a book called ‘Brands Win Championships’ - which I think could be of interest to a few of you on this board, especially under the current circumstances. The book acts as a guide to building successful NCAA athletic brands through the power of marketing. In the book I challenge that the most successful brands of the next ten years will be those with the strongest brands, not necessarily those with the most well known coach or stingiest defense from year to year. I’ve been a member of the board since 2012, I rarely post, but I’ve always been fascinated by the passion of our fans (and every fan base).

I’ve been in brand marketing for the entirety of my career, the last seven of those years working to build the brands of some of the top NCAA athletic programs in the country. I wrote the book entirely as a passion play, it wasn’t and never will be about the money (there is none, btw). I love marketing, I love sports, I love OSU. Those three things got me here. Those three things inspired this post.

The book was originally meant for those professionals working in athletic departments, be it athletic directors, equipment managers or members of a coaching staff. However, it’s also proven to be a valuable read for marketers in any industry, sports management students and, as it relates to this board specifically, I believe there could be some lessons in the book around what we as fans can do to help our University build an elite level Football program. The University of Utah coaching staff is currently reading the book, as they look to rebrand themselves and capitalize on their recent success. That information was published in an article written in the Salt Lake Tribune this summer (click here to read), so I’m not revealing anything that isn’t already public. The appetite around using marketing to build successful programs is out there, ignited by the success of our rivals down south. I absolutely believe this is the future, knowing full well there will be opposition to the idea, although I haven’t seen or heard much of that yet. Most have actually thanked me for putting the information together and speaking on the subject, which has been extremely humbling.

Regardless, as I said, I thought it could be an interesting read to a few of you on here. With that in mind, here are a few free (single use) download codes of the digital book for you to check out, form your own opinion. I’m hoping it inspires this group to use its passion for the greater good of our OSU Football brand.

DOWNLOAD CODES BELOW. REDEEM AT WWW.BRANDSWINCHAMPIONSHIPS.COM/REDEEM

OFFICIAL SITE: www.brandswinchampionships.com
AMAZON LINK: http://www.amazon.com/Brands-Champi...6492&sr=1-1&keywords=brands+win+championships
DOWLOAD CODES:

C5WIPQW5

LV52RYBI

9AQMNMHW

CANJK3RM

YDWDTI95

@jeremydarlow

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series