ADVERTISEMENT

Why not take some chances on offense

marty9630

BeaversEdge Two-Star Recruit
Gold Member
May 4, 2011
It really got me thinking after listening to the post game interview of Kyle Whittenham. His game plan going into Eugene was to "manufacture points" with a little "trickery". (Fake punts, etc.) I feel like we have been very conservative (unimaginative) with unconventional ways of scoring.
I mean come on, we are trying to upset more then 1/2 the teams on our schedule. Let's think outside the box. Take a little risk. Fake punt, pitch pass, onside kick, fake field goal, go for it on 4th and 4 from the opponents 45 yard line or go for it on 4th and goal. What do we have to lose?
Kids don't want to play to gain experience or to "get better for the future". Which it sounds like our fan base has resigned itself to. (Some of these kids are graduating this year or next). They want to win and they want to win NOW. I personally think we can be doing more to win not just to grow. I say we think more about the kids that are out there now not one, two or three years from now. I'm interested in the blitz's take on that thought process.

Reactions: LouieLou
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News